How to Fix macOS Big Sur Issues?

macOS is out for the users to download, install, and experience the features of its release using the public version. Still, many users are experiencing several errors, including not working or misbehaving on Mac.

We will guide you on how you can get rid of such issues arising while installing the public or beta version of the macOS Big Sur 11 update. Here's how:

Checking Mac Compatibility

macOS Big Sur ends service and support for several older Mac versions, but most of them are compatible with Catalina. Therefore, it is recommended to check whether your system is compatible with this release of macOS Big Sur or not before going through any troubleshooting tips.

Here are some devices that are compatible with macOS Big Sur 11 update:

iMac of 2014 or aboveiMac Pro of 2017 or aboveMacBook Air of 2013 or aboveMacBook of 2015 or aboveMac Pro of 2013 or aboveMac Mini of 2014 or above

Check and Boost Your Internet Connectivity

Downloading and installing macOS Big Sur seems slightly harder than downloading previous updates of Mac. Thus, ensure that you have robust, reliable, and stable internet connectivity before going through any troubleshooting tips.

In case you are using a Wi-Fi network, you can check the internet speed using the Wi-Fi Explorer application on your device. It provides smart and easy network scanning interface tools that offer every user insight into the available signal and help them troubleshoot basic issues.

Checking Apple's System Status Panel

You can easily check your Apple servers using the System Status screen provided by Apple. You rarely find the downloading speed is below the download limit or the server is down. It doesn't happen often, but it is better to check it out.

Troubleshooting macOS Download Version

Some users face errors related to macOS 10.15.6 while trying to download or install the macOS Big Sur profile.

If you are also one of them, then follow these straightforward steps to fix this wrong macOS downloading version on your Mac:

First and foremost, you need to launch the Terminal.Then, hit the "Sudo-i" followed by typing the root passcode there.Now, copy the link and then paste the same to the command window: "System_Library-Private_Frameworks\Seeding_framework\Versions_A_Resources_seedutil."After that, copy and paste the link in Command panel: "System_Library-"PrivateFrameworks_Seeding\\framework\\Versions\\A_Resources\seedutil _unenroll"In case you use a developer beta, then enroll in the DeveloperSeed Beta using copying and pasting operation once more: "System-Library\PrivateFrameworks\Seeding.framework\Versions\A\Resources\seedutil enroll Developer\Seed."Then, hit the Close tab and then launch the System Preferences section.Tap the Software Update option there.Select a new macOS profile located under the Software Update section.

Free Up Space on Mac

Several errors occur because of over-storage as every Mac update needs compatible disc space. If that's the case with you, then it is recommended to free up space on Mac.

As an average, you need at least 15 GB of available space to install any new update. If you want to free up additional space, then delete unnecessary items and files.

Fixing macOS Big Sur Won't Install Issues

Sometimes macOS fails to install just after the downloading procedure. If this also happens to you, then there is a trick to resolve this issue. You can reboot the device under Safe Mode.

It's better to reboot the device under Safe Mode for a smooth installation. Tap and hold down the Shift tab while rebooting. After that, restart the installation procedure. If it doesn't seem fruitful, then follow these steps to reset NVRAM on your device to do the same:

First of all, turn off the Mac.Then, tap and hold down the four keys at one go: Option, Cmd, P, R for at-least twenty secs.You need to wait until your Mac reboots and tries installing macOS Big Sur.

Apple also makes several recommendations to reset your SMC on the desktop and laptop devices using the T2 security chip. You can easily check whether the process is compatible with the Apple menu and then press the About this Mac option. After that, tap on System Report, followed by hitting the Controller option.

If you want to reset your SMC on your Mac using the T2 chip, then these steps are for you:

Turn off your Mac.Tap and hold down the Shift, Ctrl, and Options keys simultaneously for at least seven seconds.Now, tap the power tab for another seven seconds while holding the keys mentioned above.Reboot the device.

If you want to reset your SMC over a desktop system using a T2 chip, then follows these instructions:

Turn off your Mac.Eject the power cable from the power source and wait for some time.Now, plug the cable back to the power source.Wait again for some time and restart the device.

Now you know how to fix your Mac issues, go ahead, switch ON the device, and check the device compatibility. Then, check your internet connection and system status page, free up space to install the version you want and if the problem still arises, reset the device, and check for battery issues.

Source:- https://audit.askmesafe.com/blog/how-to-fix-macos-big-sur-issues