The New Community Feed of Google: How to Use it

Google is launching a new community feed to its web mapping service, Google Maps on iOS and Android devices. Now, it will become easy for the users to remain disconnected from locality and community. It is mainly crucial at this time, as several changes have been taking place regularly within society. While launching this new feature, the tech giant is hopeful that finding information on Google Maps about many local changes will become relatively more painless.

The versatile mapping application of Google, Google Maps, is beneficial for providing information about real-time conditions, planning the route for traveling, and finding new places like restaurants, stores, etc. More than 20 million users submit their queries on the application, including preferences about their favorite spots, ratings and reviews, photos, updates to business services, and answers to people's questions about establishments and locations. Google Maps has used this valuable information provided by its users daily before going live with its new feature. The tech giant is aware of the contributions that local communities are making to this service. That's why it is introducing new ways for its users so they can contribute more and more.

The introduction of a new community feed will make it easier for the users to receive the latest recommendations and updates from trusted local people and food and drink suppliers. As one can expect from Google, the feed has been tailored to the interests of the users. Google has explained it with an example and said that if anyone searches for health food under the food and drink preferences of Google Maps, then community feed will show them more recommendations, business posts, and photos on health food. The users can access this recently added feature by opening the tab "Explore" while going to the Google Map application.

Once you open the tab, you can hover your mouse over a community or an area; you will find that Google Maps has updated the new community feed with several recommendations available locally. The users can see the latest posts, photos, and reviews on the community feed shared by the local experts. Moreover, it is easy to follow the public lists, reviews, and pictures on the community feed if any Google Map user has shared. Besides, their advice, updates, and recommendations can also be seen in the Updates option.

The New Community Feed: Helpful for Local Businesses

The pandemic has impacted the businesses operating at the local level hugely. Local companies have been witnessing massive loss due to a decline in foot traffic in the areas with strict lockdown rules as customers cannot visit these places as they were before the lockdown situation. Google Maps has always enabled its users to check reviews, photos, and business hours before starting any journey. Now, the tech giant is willing to make its new community feed available to help local businesses connect with their customers by integrating business profiles.

For example, various businesses operating at local levels can post about what they offer for a limited time, inform about newly launched services, and availability of outdoor dining. Google said that they had seen twice as many posts in the new community's initial testing from various businesses than they likely see.

The new community feed is a great and useful addition to the Google Maps application. However, the community feed highlights local businesses and guides; still, it can be an essential tool even after this current scenario. Tourists can make their traveling experience shorten, smooth and authentic by having access to local recommendations of Google Maps based on their choices and preferences.

Nicholes James is a very creative person in his field and she has lots of cybersecurity knowledge. She writes about the latest technology and updates regarding McAfee and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites like mcafee.com/activate.

Source:- https://livesafeforum.com/the-new-community-feed-of-google-how-to-use-it/