᪥ Chapter Nineteen

"I'm going to find another princess for you," the king stated towards his son as they gathered in the library.

The crowned prince groans and aggressively turns to another page not focusing on the book he was reading anymore while Jeno emerges back in to the library carrying a tray of sweets.

After princess Jada left all sulking because of her getting soaked by the fountain and no one helped her –she accused falsely– Jaemin thought it was over.

To Jeno dismay, Seol had to leave too of course. He easily got attached to the feline as the cat and his raccoon got along for a while.

Apparently the king was disappointed and upset by the fact that his plans didn't go well, he was sulking like a five year old if you will.

The queen rolled her eyes flipping to another page of the book she chose to read, "no need for that darling, a deal is a deal. Your plan was a fail and that's that, leave our son to his own choices."

"As king I refuse to do so, Jaemin needs my guidance and support for the benefit of the kingdom." Her husband protests.

She scoffed and replied, "correction, as past king, you don't have the right to do as you please. Jaemin is next in line for the throne after us, he is responsible and mature enough to make the right choices."

"You don't know that." The king grits through his teeth still trying to fight back.

"I do know that, maybe it is you who doubts what our son can do for everyone. Unlike you who only makes plans for himself." The queen remarks.

"What I plan and what I do is for everyone! I am the king, I earned to be one." Her husband yet again said.

"Yet you don't deserve it," she hums. "You are the king, but you are a selfish and cocky one. What you do is for your own needs, not for the whole kingdom and its people," she stated.

The king scoffed, "you're delusional." He said as he picks up his tea cup, "Donghyuck go search for another princess for Jaemin before the coronation in a few days," he adds.

The servant hesitated as the queen interrupts, "no Donghyuck, don't listen to that man," she said sternly earning a small nod from the boy.

The king grunts and was about to speak up until his wife closes her book, "you don't have the right to interfere with our son's life. He is the future king, he will decide what's best for both him and for everyone."

"If you go against our will and have the audacity to bring strangers just for them to marry our son without his opinions," she paused glancing at Jaemin.

"Especially when it comes to committing into a relationship with no love in it whatsoever, then I will not hesitate to tell the guards to kick all of you out." She then adds menacingly.

The king went quiet but his wife could tell he was furious and was so close to explode like a bomb.

The queen turns to her son with her gaze gentle and kind, "so Jaemin, do you have someone in mind to be your queen?" She asked although already knowing the answer.

The crowned prince hums with a small smile, "I indeed have the perfect person in mind to be my queen," he said.

His mother chuckled, "oh? Do mind tell us who this perfect person is that can be your queen and a part of the family," she teased lightly.

Jaemin chuckled softly and turns to look at the boy who was busy helping Doyoung arrange the books in one of the shelves, "Lee Jeno," he said.

The said boy flinched at the sudden mention of his name almost dropping the book he was holding to place it back in to the bookshelf.

He turns to look at the set of eyes that were on him, soft, kind and loving ones that he can always look at with the feeling of safety securing him.

"M-me?" He baffled blushing madly as he remembered what the topic the royal family were talking about as he listened quietly.

Some castle staffs that were around, who didn't quite catch up and know about the deal is between the crowned prince and his royal servant, widened their eyes.

The king scoffed again audibly as the queen glared at him to not interfere, because she's dead serious about her threat a moment ago. She will find a way to get rid of her awful husband she once loved.

Jaemin chuckled and stood up walking over to his lover with light steps as if he's walking on a cloud, walking towards a beautiful angel he's been blessed with.

He stops right in front of Jeno and took the boy's hands in his caressing them softly, "yes you, dotori." He smiles and brushed the younger's bangs away from his face to see his pretty doe eyes.

"Would you like to be my queen and rule this kingdom with me as your king?" He asked looking expectantly and scared at the same time on Jeno's awaited answer.

The royal servant seemed to be in shock, stuck on its state as he tried to process what just happened and what is happening.

Yes, he has dreamed about spending his life with Jaemin til the end of their lives, he did expect some decisions to be made.

But he surely was hesitating on having hope of this, to be Jaemin's queen and rule their kingdom together is a lot. Yet it might be worth it.

He didn't expect for this to actually happen, he had doubts of course, and one of those is this. He thought it was over and the king will do something that can officially end their love story.

But it seems like fate was on their side like the clouds in nature that follows everyone and everything around, deciding on what weather they will bring.

He blinks, and tears up. "Why are you crying, beautiful?" Jaemin asked worriedly with his voice gentle as if he's speaking to a child.

Jeno sniffled, "b-because I love you so m-much," he whispered breathlessly and nodded his head many times before clutching on to his lover's clothes.

"Yes," he mumbled smiling widely and hiccups as the crowned prince broke in to a grin. "Yes, I'll be your queen, my love." He cried.

Jaemin couldn't help but adore his beloved even more, although Jeno is full on sobbing at the emotional yet romantic moment, he was indeed beautiful. More beautiful than the flowers he has seen.

The boy was crying, tears running down his soft pink-ish cheeks as it shimmers here and there like a crystal. An angel crying with crystal tears.

"I love you too, baby," the crowned prince grins and cups his lover's cheek with one hand while the other rested on his waist. "And I can't wait to show it to everyone," he whispered.

Jeno blushed as he smiled before pulling his beloved in to a kiss, still sobbing against Jaemin's lips as he was too emotional right now.

Everyone cheered except for the king who had no choice but to sit still and quiet, knowing well his wife can do anything in her power to do the right thing. He despised it.

Maybe what they say it true. Love can be powerful if you and your partner put some work on it.