᪥ Chapter Five

Jaemin sighed walking out of the library after his evening studies. He walks through the hallway passing by a few castle staffs on his way.

"Jaemin," a voice called. The prince turns around to see his father's servant, Donghyuck, who was a few steps behind him.

Jaemin hummed gesturing for the boy to continue on what he came for, Donghyuck cleared his throat and smoothens his clothes with his hands.

"Your father said goodnight, him and the queen had a little trip to a nearby village by our kingdom." Donghyuck informed.

Jaemin pushed his tongue against his teeth before nodding, "when will they come back?" He asked.

The king's servant pondered in thought for a moment before answering as he remembered, "it's either by tomorrow morning or the next day after that, sire."

The prince hummed, "alright," he said as Donghyuck bowed at him. "Have a goodnight," he stiffly nodded and heads to his bedroom.

He goes inside and changes into his nightwear quickly after taking a small warm bath since he had a long stressful day.

He grabs a book and sits on his bed for a few minutes glancing at the clock every once in a while as he tried to read the words on the pages.

A knock was heard making him flinch as he scrambled to his feet dropping the book on the floor. He tsked and quickly grabs the fallen old book and places it back on the bedside table.

Jaemin unlocks the door and opens it wide with his lips turning into a grin as well. "Nice of you to attend, I thought you were busy," he chuckled.

His servant was in the middle of the room holding seemingly a little box that's painted with various of colors as he looked so small and shy.

"I was," Jeno mumbled looking around avoiding the prince's gaze.

Jaemin tilted his head, "oh? Was I a bother?" He asked a little teasingly knowing well that his new servant was a shy mess.

As expected, the younger brunet widened his eyes and shook his head furiously, "no! Of course not, your highness," he said with his face looking like a startled puppy.

Jaemin laughed and waved his hand off at his servant as he shook his head, "just kidding, darling," he winked successfully making the younger look away.

The prince closes the window and sits on his bed patting the space next to him, Jeno pursed his lips before waddling towards the other side of the bed.

He plops down with a little bounce and places the box in front of them, Jaemin couldn't help but think his servant looked like a kid showing him his favorite toy.

Jeno opens the box and takes out a notebook and a few photos, the prince takes a peek seeing there's more items inside the cardboard box but pays respect not snatching anything without permission.

"This is when I first planted a flower," Jeno pointed at one of the photos with a giddy smile as Jaemin looks at it also smiling softly.

The picture was simple, an orchid in the middle showing itself beautifully as the green background of grass was making it more glowy and stand out.