᪥ Chapter Nine

Knock Knock

Jeno gasps when he felt Jaemin's hand suddenly covering his mouth as he places his finger on his free hand in front of him, "shh" the prince whispered.

He nodded as Jaemin cleared his throat, "yes?" He calls. "Who is it?" He asked while preparing a blanket to cover Jeno's small body on the huge bed.

"Sire? You're still awake, you should sleep by now your highness. You have archery training tomorrow," a honey voice said from the other side of the wooden door.

"Ah, I was just having trouble of sleeping hyuck-ah. I'll go rest now," Jaemin excused as he heard Donghyuck giving a short reply before the fading sounds of footsteps were heard.

Jaemin sighed as he turns back towards Jeno who was still silent and a bit stiff, "sorry about that," he chuckled.

The servant smiled shyly with a nod before fumbling with his fingers, it was dead silent for a moment making him feel anxious. Did he mess up? Should he not have confess? Is he in trouble?

He felt two fingers lifting his chin up making him meet soft eyes looking at him with such emotion, "is it me who you have interest on, No-yah?" Jaemin asked breathless.

Jeno gulped as he looks straight into Jaemin's eyes, seeing a flash of hope and affection shining through it resulting him to blush hard.

"Answer me, dear," the crowned prince said biting back a smile seeing his servant's cheeks turning pink by just making eye contact with him.

The younger nodded shyly, "y-yes sire," he answered trying to look away feeling the room getting hot all of a sudden.

"I'm not forcing you in any way Jeno, I just want to hear the truth." Jaemin said feeling a bit bad and slightly doubtful as he thought Jeno was just saying it out of pity or something.

The servant snaps his head back towards the crowned prince and widens his eyes, "you're not forcing me your highness! I swear I'm not lying," he rambled.

Jaemin bursted out laughing as he leaned his forehead towards Jeno's chest area feeling the boy sweating and his heartbeat vibrating rapidly.

The servant raised a brow, unconsciously placing his palm on Jaemin's head playing with the elder's hair. "What's so funny that caused you to laugh, sire? Is it something that I said?" He asked.

The crowned prince calms himself down and looks up with his face just inches closer to Jeno's as they both could feel each other's breaths and all Jeno could thank right now was that he ate some gum earlier.

"Nothing," Jaemin said and chuckled, "you're just cute." He smirked and cups the younger boy's face with one hand while the other was now placed comfortably on Jeno's hip.

The servant blushed and coughed awkwardly, "u-uhm, so what now?" He asked and almost slapped himself at the dumb question if it weren't for Jaemin holding him tight.

"How about we kiss?" Jaemin said boldly and snickered when he saw Jeno's eyes turning into like a doll's.

"Pa-pardon sire?" Jeno stammered feeling like either this was a dream or he literally heard wrong and he should get his ears checked.

The crowned prince though, looked so sure and serious about what he had just said and therefore made it clear. "I said we should kiss, because we like each other." He shrugged.

The servant gulped, "y-you like me?" He mumbled still processing on what is going on inside the crowned prince's bedroom at the middle of the night. (A/N: in my dreams~)

Jaemin sighed and adjusts his position with his back straight and his hands holding Jeno firm and steady with such seriousness yet affection in his eyes.

"If I didn't like you back, I would have called the guards and escort you out. Would I have not?" Jaemin said teasingly trying to intimidate Jeno.

Which it weirdly worked because the servant looked appalled, "I-I'm sorry sire! I-I was ju-just shocked? And this is like the first time someone has liked me back and– oh my goodness I'm rambling!"

The crowned prince snickered as Jeno was silently scolding himself, "I really do like you, No-yah," Jaemin said once it was silent again. "How can someone not like you?" He asked.

The servant pursed his lips and shrugged, "maybe because I'm not up to their expectations and I guess not pretty enough," he said with all bitter honesty.

Jaemin then scoffed, "nonsense. That's ridiculous," he said looking a bit upset at what Jeno said referring to himself. "You're full of surprises Jeno, you're over of what I have expected, I like that."

The servant blushed and looked down but got stopped when Jaemin cups his jaw and makes him face each other again, "and they're blind if they think you're not pretty. Because you're a gorgeous angel, darling."

"T-thank you, sire," Jeno stuttered shyly as he unconsciously reaches his hands towards Jaemin's cotton pajamas before pinching the fabric in anxiousness.

The crowned prince seemed to notice but didn't have the heart to push or scold the boy as he found the action adorable.

"So may I kiss you?" Jaemin asked feeling eagerness through his body as if he just couldn't wait to feel and taste Jeno's lips on his.

The younger bit his lip, "tell me you actually like me sire, I- I don't want this to be a one time thing or just a phase," he said worriedly.

Jaemin chuckled and pinched his servant's cheeks making the boy whine at the action. "I genuinely like you Jeno, if I didn't, I would have pushed you away by now." He said.

Jeno swallowed dryly as he could feel his heartbeat increase, "yes," he breathes out making the crowned prince slightly confused. "You can kiss me, please do it your highness." He pleaded and squeezed Jaemin's pajama shirt in his palms.

The elder smiled and leans closer with their noses now touching, "very well," he mumbled and flickered his gaze at the younger for a minute. "And one more thing sweetheart."

Jeno's breath hitched when he felt Jaemin's lips slightly brushed against his own as he was so close to whining feeling impatient, "y-yes sir?" He asked inching closer.

The elder smirked and squeezed his hand on Jeno's waist making the boy squeal and blush at the action. "I told you not to call me with such formality when we're alone, dear."

"Kiss me now, please Jaemin," Jeno bit his lip and pulled the elder towards him.

Jaemin chuckled and pecked the boy on the corner of his lips teasingly, "wish granted, baby."