~chapter 4~

Happy New year¡!🦋 May this year be filled with lots of joy and happiness.

I'm sorry for the late update. I was so lazy I couldn't get myself to write.

Happy reading!💕

Pain was an understatement, she was broken. She has never in her 20 years of life felt this type of pain.

Nawal didn't bother to wipe the tears away as she thought of how life will be without her parents and siblings. Without her family.
Nawal sniffed and tried to see something, anything but she couldn't. She shook her head and another wave of tears fell down her cheeks.

She shouted for help but she heard only the strange sounds of Animals.
Life isn't fair.

Events from last night all came flooding back to her. Her parents getting killed, her losing her sight.

She prayed silently.

Not long after she heard footsteps approaching.

~*~
"Excuse me ma'am! Can I help you?" I asked a lady who was laying down helplessly on the ground. She seemed to be in a deep state of shock. I tried calling out to her but she kept  weeping. I wasn't comfortable reaching out to her physically as a part of me thought she might attack me.

"Ma'am" I shouted as I touched her shoulder. She moved quickly. Her eyes were closed. "Can you tell me your name? Why are you Here? Do you live around here? " I asked thinking maybe she lost her ability to hear as she was busy weeping and not paying attention to what I was saying.

"I want to help you" I said while reaching out to touch her again.

I repeatedly told her the above statement for at least five minutes before she finally looked my way and broke down. She was crying uncontrollably. It hurts to see a person crying like this. At a point I was a little bit scared because she wouldn't stop crying.

After a while she began to calm down and she finally spoke. " i don't know where I am" she said in a low tune. "You're in Niamey, what's your name?" I asked looking at her.

" I'm Nawal" she voiced in a very low tune.

"Open your eyes and look at me I won't hurt you" I told her as she let go of the tear in her eyes.

"Opening my eyes wouldn't make things better" she sighed

"Why so?"

"I can't see" came her short reply

"I'm sorry" I said. I felt sad for the lady. From looks you could tell that she has been through alot. "Let me help you" I uttered as I stretched my hand to get hers.

I helped her get into my car. I know you might be wondering what I'm doing around here, well I have a farm nearby.

"Thank you" she pronounced.

"It's Nothing, where should I take you to" i questioned turning to look at her. She didn't know the answer to that So she remained silent.

"Where should I take you" I asked again

"Uhmm I don't live here" nawal finally spoke

"Where do you live Then?" She broke again. Waves of tears rushed down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked I'll just take you home" I voiced. I'll take her home before she finally speaks up. I know Maami will be cool with it.