Chapter 18

Hey, can you come to the hospital to meet me?

I woke up to this text from Tessa and felt happy knowing that she had finally become conscious. The past two days have been pretty scary for all of us. From the crash to the hospital, everything seemed like a big nightmare. I can still hear the noise of the crash every time I close my eyes. The sight of seeing three cars slammed into each other and all of them being people I knew,  had given me a panic attack at that right moment. I couldn't stop myself from sobbing after seeing all of them unconscious and covered in blood.

Thankfully a lot of people had gathered around who immediately called the ambulance and yanked all three of them out of their respective cars. I phoned my parents and Eric as soon as I got inside my car to follow the ambulance to the hospital.

By the time we reached the hospital, everyone was already present there. I don't remember much after that because as soon as I saw my mum, I ran to her crying and remained that way for a very long time. My tears didn't stop trickling for the next hour.
Samuel and my dad took the responsibility of filing up all the hospital forms while I just kept crying like a baby in my mother's arm.

A soft knock on the door pulled me out of my reverie. Rachael's head popped in and she asked, "Hey Tessa's woken up. Do you want to go meet up with her?"

I got out of my bed and replied, "Yeah, she just texted me. Let's go meet her."

"Okay then! Get ready fast, Eric and I are waiting for you downstairs."

"I'll be there in a ten."

***

We reached the hospital after a fifteen-minute drive and though I was excited to see Tessa, a part of me was nervous too. A lot of questions had arisen in my head after the night of the accident. I couldn't quite comprehend why the three of them were following me in their cars instead of attending the party. I wanted answers to all my questions but I had to wait for the right time. Tessa had just recouped and I wanted to give her some more time to rest instead of throwing so many questions at her.

We made our way to her hospital room and saw her peacefully reading a book. The moment she saw us, she kept the book aside and greeted us with a smile. "Hey, how are you feeling now?" Rachael asked while taking a seat next to her bed.

"I'm good. Thank you for dropping by."

"Sophie misses you like crazy," Eric added.

Tessa gave a soft smile and replied, "I miss her too but I don't want her to see me like this."

"Yeah, we guessed that hence we didn't tell her about the accident. She thinks her parents have gone out of town for a meeting."

"I'm guessing Natalie came up with that excuse. She's always good at convincing Sophie to believe her lies."

Eric laughed and said, "She certainly is."

Tessa now shifted her attention towards me and gave a small smile. "Thanks for staying with me the entire time I was unconscious." I was a little taken aback thinking about how she found out about this. Maybe Samuel told her. My instinct answered. 

"No problem Tess. I'm glad you are okay now," I replied with a big smile. I truly felt relieved that she was alright now. A part of me feared about Adam's life but there's nothing I could do other than wait for the doctors to say something.

"Can I talk to you alone for some time?" She asked and I nodded my head. Rachael and Eric decided to leave at this point after saying their goodbye's to Tessa.

I quietly made my way to the empty seat where Racheal sat a few minutes ago. The silence felt a bit awkward but I decided to wait for her to speak something first.