Chapter 5

Happy Reading

I always struggled to comprehend why girls enjoy shopping so much. Ever since I was a kid, I never truly enjoyed shopping as it felt like a waste of time to me. Girls take hours to decide what clothes to buy whereas I can accomplish that task within minutes. Half an hour is the maximum amount of time I have ever put into shopping, the rest is spent in playing games at the mall and eating food.

But here I am, on a Sunday morning, shopping with my sister in law - Sienna because she was dying to hang out with me ever since I have come back home.

"Adaline, do you think I look fat in this dress?" Sienna asked while standing in front of the mirror in the changing room and admiring herself.

"I do see a bulge, but that's fine Si. You are pregnant now, you can't expect to look thin like before." Sienna sighed and said, "I'm excited for the baby but I can't imagine my tummy getting huge." I cracked up after hearing that. "You are expecting Si, your tummy is definitely going to swell up in a few months," I stated which made her lips curve into a pout.

"I will work out a lot after my delivery to get back in shape," she mumbled to console herself.

"I'll motivate you to do that," I said which instantly brought a smile on her face.

"You are the best," she said and gave me a tight hug.

"Can we please leave Si? I'm tired," I complained since we had been in this mall for nearly three hours now.

"Yeah sure, I'll just go to the loo once and then we can leave," she said while going inside her changing room to put on her clothes again.

"I'm going to head out first and buy ice cream for myself, shall I get one for you?" I asked.

"Nope, just meet me near the ground floor staircase."

"Sure, I'll see you there in ten minutes," I replied before heading out of the changing room and walking towards my favourite ice cream parlour at the mall.

I stood in front of the ice cream parlour deciding on which flavour to eat today. I was tired of chocolate so I thought of trying something new today- butterscotch maybe. There was a huge queue in front of the ice cream parlour and before I could make my way towards the queue, someone tugged my skirt. I looked down to see a small girl pulling my skirt with one hand and pointing at the ice cream parlour with another. Who is this girl? Is she lost?

I sat down at her level and asked, "Where are your parent's little girl?" A big smile spread across her face, she caressed my cheeks with her right hand and said, "Ice cream, Ice cream." I couldn't stop grinning after hearing those words, this girl is lost in a mall and instead of crying like other babies, she's busy admiring Ice creams.

She had short black hair with hazel eyes full of innocence. I took her hand in mine and asked, "What's your name honey?"

"Sophie," she replied with a smile.

"Who did you come here with?"

"Dadda...Dadda," she said and started jumping with joy.

Ahh, this girl is so cute.

"Where did you last see your dadda?" I asked since I definitely couldn't leave this girl alone in this mall.

"Princesssssss," she squeaked.

"Huh?"

"You look princesssss," she said pointing at me with her little finger and smiling like a Cheshire cat. I broke into a peal of laughter. This girl surely knows how to move someone with her words.

Do You Still Love Me? (Sequel)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara