Christmas Saviour (minotaur)(f/f)

Minotaur/ human

F/F

My family at the end of every year holds a massive tournament in the arena, something I always disproved of. When I was nine I became friends with one of the future 'breeders' a young minotaur called Mist. She was beautiful snow-white fur and skin, blue eyes, freckles on her nose and stubby horns, even though she wore rags she made them look fashionable.

I decided to free them, on Christmas eve I handed out the food like I always did to the contestants and told them all to be ready to run. My family didn't know my plan, when they were away I set fire to the laundry room and set a trail of oil towards the kitchens, making it almost uncontrollable. I sounded the alarm and headed to my parents.

"Fire, fire everyone get out!" I shouted.

My parents set to work extinguishing fires and ordering people around, I knew they would forget about the contestants and headed there with the keys. I opened all of the cells to free and told them all to wait by the back gate, after I opened the last cell I headed to the gate.

"Everyone I am setting you free, I am not like my family. Head past the forest to the other side of the forest you will be void of contracts there; I also have your contracts here. Burn them when you are safe, good luck everyone" I told them.

"Thank you little one" a Manticore said before kissing my head.

Everyone left apart from Mist who gave me a huge hug, before running into the forest with the rest. I banged my arm and covered myself in dirt before, walking back inside my parents spotted me.

"Sweetie, what happened?" mum asked.

"I was ambushed, one of the contestants grabbed me and took my keys, then let everyone out. I'm sorry I am a failure" I cried rubbing my arm.

They bought my act and started to clean up the mess and inform the patrons of what happened.

From then on every year I started to free the contestants and my parents never suspected anything, but this year I was got bolder... I was going to blow up the arena! I am now an adult and now I can leave and start afresh somewhere new, far away from my horrid family. I had been stockpiling gunpowder and money for a while, I had everything I needed to proceed with my plan.

I waited until nightfall when everyone was asleep, and snuck into the cells where nearly 100 were housed and all looked badly wounded and hungry. I walked to one of them a Naga and handed him some fresh raw meat for him and his species, unlike Minotaurs, humans and cat-folk, Naga needed raw meat in their diet. The others I handed out small bundles of food and told them to be ready for my signal, before handing each cell a key for their doors. I was going to run through anyway in case something happened, with that I ran off to the key points for my explosives.

'Kitchen: check, laundry room: check, Main entrance: check, infirmary-empty and check, armory: check and finally the vault all gold in my satchel's and check' I told myself. I got to the kitchen and lit a lantern and threw it into the room which was covered in gunpowder, I threw the lantern then ran out of the room at top speed. As I got to the cells the explosion happened, shaking the floor like an earthquake.

I got to the cells and saw everyone out and heading to the gate, I gave another check no one was in the cells time to leave.

"Hey, take these satchels share the gold between you all once it is safe" I told them all.

I opened the doors and lead them to the forest, turning to the arena I saw my parents running towards me and they looked pissed.

"Y/N! What the hell are you doing?" dad asked.