Chapter 19/2: Facing Darkness, With A Brave Heart

Alarmsounds ring out

Alarmsounds ring out. Shots are fired. Yet nothing helps. Nui and Ryuko are already gone. The snow fall has gone stronger, and it looks like it won't get any better soon. The young woman coughs blood and falls back onto her seat while Senketsu looks around uncalm. Nui tries to stay focused while driving with high speed as her Kamui notices.

Hands are clapping, and a satisfied chuckle is hearable.

"Who would have thought that out of all the people it is YOU that brings my dear Matoi to Neo-REVOCS?" Ichiro asks himself grinning. Masaru waits at the wall next to the entrance door in the presidential office.

"What do we do with the Mankanshokus?" Masaru asks calm.

"Nothing. Let them struggle some more. Who knows how long it'll take Matoi to arrive here."

"As you wish." Masaru answers and leaves the presidential office. Ichiro grabs the cooking book on his desk.

"I wonder if she likes fish..."

...

"I can... barely see... a thing..."

"Keep her awake, Senketsu!" Nui orders. The dark streets of Japan are only lighten up by a few street lights and the cars that still drive on it around this time, and the snow fall makes it more difficult. Ryuko tries to look around, but except for the lights, everything is too blurred out. There just isn't enough blood anymore to keep her body functioning properly. The Entity Fiber sucks everything up like a sponge. She can even hear her heart beat. It's pumping weak and slow, just enough to keep her up. The car's temparatur is warm, maybe too warm. In the meantime, Senketsu takes a look at the built in GPS. It's about four to six hours to reach Tokyo from Ôsaka.

"We have to tell them we are coming." Senketsu says. Nui looks at Senketsu cold.

"They know already."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm impatient. So is he." Nui answers and looks back at the street.

Ryuko loses her consciousness.

Suddenly, she falls from the sky and watches how the world blurs and distorts out, then, it renders itself fully dark - sounds of fire, rain, and wind, and as she lands on the ground softly and gently despite the high speed, everything goes silent again. Once she stands up, she can see, other than the cold black room she is now, a pillar shining in a white light which she however cannot reach. She remembers Nui spoke about that room once - emptiness.

"Ryuko! Don't sleep now! Not now!" Senketsu yells and wakes Ryuko up again.

"Y... yeah I... just have to... ugh... my head.. need to... sleep..." and Ryuko loses her consciousness again.