Chapter 9/2: Across Japan, Pursued By Darkness

"Access denied

"Access denied."

"*sigh... shit..."

"Access denied."

"... can't believe this." Houka mumbles annoyed. It's 11:30 PM. Nonon enters the command room. She and Houka are the only ones in the room.

"Still working?" Nonon asks curiously and leans to Houka. Command lines are everywhere.

"Neo-REVOCS can be hacked, I know that. I've managed it once, I can do it again. I could control every factory, I knew their plans, I could control the Ashigaru..." he mumbles and sighs.

"Yeah, but only if you are awake, and you are not."

"... yes. But you are like that too. Your first concert was catastrophic, and I remember how you talked with Uzu and me back then. The entire night, might I add. You felt bad."

"Mhm. Kind of ate me up inside. You're not sitting here just because you wanna kick Neo-REVOCS ass. You do this for Satsuki too, huh?" she asks and sits down.

"I... yes. Without Satsuki, I'd be a nobody. I feel like I owe this to her. Helping her, I mean. She wants her company back."

"We all want that. Ira, Uzu, me..." Nonon answers. Houka nods slowly.

"Inu, you're the smartest nerd I know but you gotta take care of yourself. Data won't bring you anything if you are tired. I'm sure there is a way to hack the facility, but maybe we should really just send someone to their HQ like you suggested. Maybe upload a virus or something, I don't know. Come on, buddy." Nonon says and slowly closes the Laptop. Houka seems a bit disappointed.

"You haven't rested for a single hour since Satsuki didn't came back. She's fine, I'm sure of it." Nonon smiles. Houka nods. Nonon gives Houka his Laptop and pats his shoulders.

"Go to bed, Inu."

"How'd you know I'm awake?" he asks curious.

"Your room light was on, but I haven't heard you typing. And really... we are friends, Inu. I gotta know when I can annoy you." Nonon grins. Houka chuckles.

"Indeed." he answers smiling. Houka and Nonon leave the room and wish each other a good night. As Houka sits down on his bed, he thinks briefly.

"Maybe a virus is indeed the solution..."

Day 3:

"WAKEY WAKEY!" Nui screams and kicks open Satsuki's door, who falls from the bed scared. She looks annoyed as she watches Nui grinning towards her.

"You do this one more time and you get a problem." Satsuki threatens. Nui laughs.

"Aw, Satsuki my dear, I'm sorry, I just want you to wake up!" Nui smiles.

"Stop screaming you maniac!" someone in another room yells at Nui. Then, Ryuko leaves her room with a Pyjama, walking to Nui and trying to punch her in the face, but Nui dodges.