Chapter 2

Ava p.o.v

The tension in the air is so thick it could be cut through, it's so suffocating I almost choke on my saliva when swallowing the lump in my throat.

I cough a few times bringing almost everyone's attention to me, each gaze passing a silent warning. Some look would be Keep it down' others 'Don't get us killed bitch' while some are 'Are you crazy' kind of look.

I walk shakingly around to the table, seeing everyone's wariness also brought me on edge.

I subconsciously take a step back from the table with the three most intimidating men I've ever seen, the arura radiating off the is dangerous enough to kill someone on the spot. Especially the one sitting between the other two.

He's a Greek God sent down to earth to put chaos among women, No doubt he's specially made by God himself to place a second figure of himself on Earth for everyone to see.

He has midnight, wait no scratch that, He has charcoal color hair that's neatly combed back. No single hair sticking out. Hot chocolate brown eyes with cold steam zoning out of it, his eyes are as sharp as a sword, piercing into the depths of your soul and digging out your deepest darkest secret.

His thick brows are perfectly curved into shape, Naturally. But they seem to be furrowed into a permanent frown, my hands inching to free them from the frown. His pale lips are set in a straight line, jaw clenched tightly adding to the list of his beauty.

His manly muscle bulges out of the grey tailored suit he wears, my eyes trail back to his face, I flinch back shocked by the coldness in his eyes that I failed to notice before and that's enough to snap me back to my senses.

A blush crawled from my Senegalese realization of me just standing in front of them like a fool, openly checking him out. If I thought I should have died back in my senior year of high school when I sleep talk one day in class, that's no comparison to what I'm feeling right now, the ground should just open and swallow me whole.

I cleared my throat.

"Good afternoon, what would you like to order" I stuttered, then mentally scolding myself for stuttering adding to my embarrassment.

Oh please give me a break, some people are shivering in their seats. My inner mind snapped.

It is true everyone tensed up when I spoke, it seems they were expecting some sort of action from the three Greek gods.

I'm having a sneaky feeling that everyone is scared of the middle one, His presence alone is suffocating.

"Black coffee" His rough but soothing voice snapped me back to the present.

Oh dear lord.

My knees felt weak, they almost buckle beneath me if not for the little self-control I have left.

How can someone's voice be so powerful and dominating yet soothing to the ear, listening to him speak could make the most courageous man scurry away.

"I'll have a cup of coffee with a cube of sugar and a spoon of cream to the right spoke more calmly than the first one I almost missed it. He has this type of voice that can lure anyone to fall into his trap and bring any woman to his bed.

I quickly with shaking hands wrote their orders down, then turn to the last one but before I could speak, He spoke up in an all too familiar tone I've grown to know because of Tricia.

Yes, Tricia.

" I'll have a chocolate milkshake" I lift my gaze from the book I've locked my head in to avoid ogling the Greek God.

The one who spoke just now is none other than Dario, Tricia's boyfriend.

My eyes widen and my jaw dropped to the floor, what on Earth is he doing with these two people who look like they could murder anyone anytime?

Yeah, Dario does look a little tough but no comparison to these two, especially you know who (the middle one ).

"You ok?" Mason asked concerned almost like he has predicted something terrible to happen. But mind you nothing happened but that's no excuse for why I'm panting like I just finished running a one thousand five hundred miters race.

I managed a look at him and hand him their orders, my eyes swept the cafe searching for the dark-haired best friend of mine. But I couldn't find her, is she hiding from Dario? It is understandable since he never appreciated the idea of her working and not in a small cafe like this.

"She's in the kitchen" Mason nod in the direction of the kitchen, I gave him a small grateful smile in return, he must have seen my searching gaze.

I pat myself on the back mentally for placing their respective orders in their front without shaking or splitting the drinks. I've almost successfully walked away but that powerful voice halts me in my movement.

"Get me your manager" That voice makes me shiver with fear.

My manager? What for?

What have I done this time, oh dear lord I can't afford to lose this job it's the only way I can assist myself.

I gave a stiff nod and continue my walk to the manager's office without looking back, I'm scared as hell, what if I did something that pissed this man off.

Dear lord, whatever it is don't let me lose my job at least not today or this year, please lord.

Knocking on the door to Mr Williams's office, I held my breath patiently waiting for the rude reply from him.

Mr Williams was once a kind man but that was until his wife passed of a brutal brain cancer, he was so devastated that he became bitter and grumpy just like my Dad.

My Dad? You ask, well that is a story for another day.

"Come in" Was the grumpy reply, I flinch back a little not expecting it to be this harsh. I push the wooden door it squeaks in the process, His head snaps up to me glaring at m, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes in irritation.

His face is always set in a frown and he's always in a bad mood, no surprise there I kinda expected that. I don't blame him though, the pain of losing someone dear to him is no child's play.

Now don't get me wrong.

No, we haven't lost anyone in my home but someone who was supposed to be our strength and support has lost his sanity. My dad.

"Yes?" Mr. Williams grits out impatiently.

"Someone asked to see you, sir"

"Leave" was his only reply, he doesn't have to tell me twice as I dashed out of the office like my tail is on fire.

Looking around the cafe, luckily for me there is no customer to attend to, infant, the shop that was once packed is also like a cemetery now. Couldn't blame them, the presence of him alone is alarming.

Who is he anyway, ugh.

I just pray I Never see him again.

Hey, everyone you enjoy this episode, I will be posting another chapter as my Christmas present to you.❣️❣️❣️❣️

Merry Christmas 🎅🎅🎅🤶🤶🤶🎅🎅🎅🤶🤶🤶

Don't forget to vote and share.

Please comment your feedback means a lot.

If there is any mistake or anyone that has ideas to share with me about the story should contact me on WhatsApp (08057673031) that's my WhatsApp number. Bye, guys.

Amirablessing740❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️