Chapter 5

Ava p.o.v

I didn't realize how much I've missed my Mom and siblings until now, the day passed by painfully slow, I've been waiting anxiously for this day. Now I'm sitting in the taxi my feet bouncing off the floor eagerly as we move down the familiar street I've spent all my life in.

The three hours ride from the University located in the main city of Seattle is already killing me, and this short ride from the bus stop to our house just seems to be taking forever. This is the time I regret ever deciding to school so far away from home, well in my defense. I have to be far away because of a particular person.

You know him, no need for a reminder.

If I had my ways, I wouldn't be coming back to this place, but I'm missing the people that means the world to me.

Finally the taxi pulled up in front of my home, the single story white building that stood proudly before me. Hurriedly paid the driver, I raced up the small stairs of the front yard of the house.

The door swung open before I could reach it revealing the most handsome young man ever, my brother pulled me in a bone crushing hug.

Wow guess I wasn't the only one missing them.

"Hey sis" Alex greets warmly, unwrapping himself from the hug.

"What's up kiddo" I ruffled his neatly combed brown hair.

"Not my hair" he grumble slapping my hand away fixing his hair. He always careful and angry when it comes to anyone messes with his hair.

"I'm most definitely not a kid, I'm seventeen" He claim, shooting his chest out to make him look taller and intimidating. I roll my eyes and shove him to the side, then proceed to walk inside. I heard Alex grumble about how I don't know how many girls are drooling because of him.

He's good looking for a seventeen years old but I'm not gonna tell him that to boost his already big ego.

He's even towering over my 5'4 completely, and has also gain some muscles to compliment his handsome face. I remember before going away to school, some girls from his school both juniors and seniors won't stop hanging around our home.

Mom didn't notice though or else she would have run for the hills. I chuckled softly and walk into the living area to find Grace watching one of her favorite cartoon, vamperina. She's too engrossed in the cartoon to even notice anything in her surrounding.

Alex and I have being standing behind her for almost three minutes now, snickering at each other every now and then.

"Boom" Alex voice rang in the air followed by a fearful scream from Grace, she jump too oblivious of our presence behind her. She turn around sharply ready to defend herself. But then race to me the instant she realized I am here.

"Ava" she squeal joyfully, I pick her up and spin around with giggling. How much I've missed this little beauty.

Behind me I hear Alex whining from our loud squealing and excessive hugging, as if he hadn't just almost crushed me a while ago.

"You came Ava, I've missed you so much" Grace choke out swallowing a sob.

"Hey, I'm here now okay?" I cooed, running my hand up and down her back soothing her. I walk to the sofa she had previously occupy and sat down with her still in my arms.

"Where is Mom" I direct to Alex, his face sour at my question.

"She's at work and won't be back till eight" Alex almost snapped not at me though. I know what's on his mind, Mom should be home taking care of us instead she working late, now he's stuck with the responsibility of caring for Grace.