Chapter 7

Ava p.o.v

     The door to the kitchen slammed shot shaking the walls, startled, I spin around too quickly I felt dizzy. Gripping the spatula I was using to mix the ingredients for pancakes, ready to strike at the intruder if need be.

   But came face to face with an angry Alex, he looks really pissed and ready to kill, ok I exaggerated. But if I hadn't know him, I would have been scared, the screeching sound of a chair broke me from my daze.

"You scare me to death Alex." I grunt still panting slightly from the dizziness, returning to my cooking, but turned back to him when I didn't receive a reply.

That's when I noticed the dark circles under his eyes and how unkept his hair is, it like he's been running his hands through it. I wanted to ask what happened but decide against it, it seems like he could use some quiet and alone time.

Quietly, I finished preparing breakfast and set the dinning table.

"What's for breakfast." Grace high pitched voice rang through the silence just as I was about to go call her down to eat, she Skip down the stairs and appeared in kitchen within an instant and happily jump on a chair noisily.

I look to Alex wary, scared not to anger him more.

" Spaghetti and egg sauce." She squeal loudly, Alex grunt disturb by the noise. I smiled softly at Grace when she cast me a questioning look.

"Let's eat." I urge, which brought back the grin on her face, she instantly dug in filling her plate with loads of spaghetti and egg but once did she even glance at the pancakes. That's how she is, she forgets every other foods when you give her spaghetti (her favorite).

"Do you want to do something fun?" I ask Grace after we finished washing the dishes.

"Yes, can we going to the park." She ask hopefully. Of course I will go with her, she's my kid sister and it's been long we did fun stuff.

"Yes." I nod, which earn a joyful scream from Grace, like that she's out the door.

Kids, I chuckled while shaking my head.

"I'm coming with you guys." Alex announce already walking to the door.

Huh, with that mood of his?

"I'm not letting you go by yourself." He almost snap, like almost. What in God's name got his pants in a twist, I think I also heard him muttering something along the lines of him also needs the distraction but that might just be my imagination.

We've been moving around taking Grace to servals places, shops in the park, from the swing to the slide and then to other playing areas. Right now she's playing hide and seek with some group of kids her age.

I'm exhausted, kids are energetic you can't keep up with them.

Walk back to the bench Alex has been sitting since we got here, which is two long hours, if I'm not mistaken of which I'm not. He snap out of his thoughts when I took a seat beside him, then look away when he saw it was just me.

Was he expecting some one else.

I don't know what happened to him over the night but it's definitely not a good thing, this isn't the first time I'm seeing Alex moody but this is the worst of all. He's so cold and distant.

I placed a hand on his shoulder, he inhaled sharply before meeting my questioning gaze, I mean no one would see their brother in such state and won't question it. Seeing that I wasn't going to leave him without getting an answer, he grits his teeth.