« 9 » wrong timing 𑁍

11/15 - broken promises

memory*
"hurry up, y/n! it's kei's turn, you know how much the family is looking forward to it." your mother exclaimed.

"i'm almost finished." you replied, adjusting the shirt with your skirt and adding final touches.

"you won't see her full form if you keep adjusting your outfit, hon." she laughed.

you rolled your eyes.
you then finished up and made your way to the family garden, with your fellow family members.

you eyed your older cousin, kei-chan. she looked anxious.

a few minutes in, she was handed the blade crucial for the transformation to take place.

but something felt wrong.
kei-chan looked paler than usual. it was strange.

you held your hands together tightly, hoping that things would go right for your older cousin. it has to.

she pulled down her long sleeve, her wrist already covered in bandages.

before the family picked up the situation at hand, she removed the bandage and slit her wrist.

everything slowed down,
and her eyes met with yours.

she was apologizing.
because she broke the promise between you two.

she bled out,
and you stood there, frozen.
the whole family carried her out to get help.
.
.
.
hospital
"doctor, how's the patient?" your mother asked.

"it seems like she had been trying to access her full form for a while now.. she's lost a lot of blood." the doctor responded.

"..but she's going to be okay, right? there's plenty of blood that can be transfused with hers--"

"..i can't say for sure. she's AB negative, and an only child.. i've checked the family records and blood donations, but there's no match." he replied.

a moment of silence rung.

"the patient's line is declining!!" a nurse yelled, catching everyone's attention.

"excuse me!" he exclaimed, running towards your cousin.
.
.
.
you watched as they tried to revive her.

however, the blood loss was too severe, and her life was cut short.

----

kendo waved her hand in front of your face. you blinked twice.

"what's up?" you asked her.
"you were spacing out." kendo responded.

"i just remembered something." you said.
"do you want to talk about it?" she asked.

"its fine. we better get back to training."
"alright. ah, right, come with me once you've finished. yaoyorozu-san wants us to get acquainted with class A's girls." kendo added.

"okay." you smiled.
"catch you later, y/n." kendo waved bye.
you waved back.

you took out the blade you'd always carry with you and stared at it. is it finally time? though it was discouraged because of what happened to kei-chan, you wanted to try. how else would you reach greater heights?

"ow." y/n let out, after bakugo took a step back and bumped into her.

"you again. if you're not training, move out of the way." he spoke.

"i was about to." you sighed, walking a few meters away from him. it looked like he wanted to say something, but you left before hearing him out.
.
.
.
"terra, ignis, aer, aqua, i: portas superfluae potestatis aperis; commoda mihi." y/n chanted.

she raised her hand, opened her eyes, and slashed her left wrist.

.
.
.
end.