«59 - Return»

A/N: ♐︎ Love that Fanart
Also, second to last chapter! The next chapter will be the last one!!

*The Imperial Capital*
*Third Person*

"Tell all the citizens! The current administration has been dismantled! The leaders, the Vasal armies of the five regent houses and those managing the four great farms will be arrested, immediately! I promise to distribute the evil blood to all citizens... And promise that no one will suffer from hunger or degeneration ever again!! And one more thing. We'll take this opportunity to abolish... all farms." Lewis announces, taking charge.

The audience stands shocked at the reveal of Lewis' command.

"What?!"
"Abolish the farms?"
"All of them?!"

"But... Does that mean..."
"That we wouldn't be able to eat humans anymore?"

"Exactly." Lewis confirms.

"But, why..."

"This was decided in the Promise 1000 years ago. 'That we'll segregate our worlds and we won't hunt each other.' But we continued to eat humans despite it. That is where everything got distorted. Farms shouldn't exist. Because of them, this reign continued. They held control over you by how they distributed human meat, manipulating your lives and intelligence." Lewis brings the reality of the situation to the audience.

They were controlled by how human meat was distributed. The higher ups, such as the Queen and Aristocrats, distributed higher quality meat for themselves and their houses, and the low quality meat for anyone under.

"That's true."
"Hey... If we can have the evil blood, we don't need to eat humans..."
"Yeah. We were afraid that we'd degenerate if we didn't eat humans until now, but..."

"But it's human meat. If it were other meat..."
"Yeah, I want to eat human meat."
"Human meat is special."

"If we allow the farms to exist... we may be able to eat human meat, but someone could use the farms to control us again." Someone speaks up.

"I don't want that."
"Me neither."

"It's more natural to have no farms."
"I guess it's okay. It's only human meat."
"Dammit!"

"We will finally be free. We won't repeat the same mistake and tragedy, ever again." Lewis adds.

"Yes, Your Highness! Let's get rid of the farms!"
"We don't need the farms!"
"Let's change."
"Abolish the farms!! Hurray for the new Era!! LONG LIVE KING LEWIS!!" The demons yell together.

"No, I'm... not going to become King." Lewis declares.

"Huh?"
"Whaaaaaat?!"
"But why, Your Highness?!"

"I'm part of the old system. I am also guilty of looking the other way during the old administration's reign." Lewis confesses.

*Lewis' POV*

I can't rule for being apart of the old reign, but also...

I died at the hunting ground.

My core was destroyed then. I was dead, for sure.

I never thought I'd revive. I had no idea that I also had two cores.

I lost to humans. That is why I resolved to decay in an unknown village.

"I'm not worthy of becoming King. What the world needs is a new monarch."