«37 - A Noble Sacrifise»

A/N: This image I chose for this chapter is from the manga and I'm pretty sure you'll recognise it from late on. It's just so wholesome. And hard to explain when writing, so why not put it here? Anyway, enjoy this chapter, if you can. Warning, I suck at action scenes as you've probably noticed.

*(Y/N)'s POV*

Yuugo... Lucas... If you don't make it, I'm thankful for all you've done for us! Please, please, make it, so I can tell it to your faces...! If not... you'll become another sacrifice for that.

Unlike everyone else, I'm willing to accept that, that was the last time we'll see those two, but it really hurts.  Lucas was like a father figure to us. Yuugo was more of the fun uncle. But, man, when did they get so cool...?

Goodbye... Lucas, Yuugo... I hope you find your friends!

*Yuugo's POV*

"I remember when we first arrived at this shelter." I reminisce, having climbed down the broken ladder.

"If you think about it, this all stems from the Ratri clan." Lucas starts, "The death of Minerva and that Hunting Ground, too. We're finally able to get them back..."

"If it's here, dying wouldn't be too bad. That's what I always thought, but... They're the ones who'll be dying." I think aloud.
"Yeah, let's go."
"Even if they kill us, there's no way we'll let them get to (Y/N) and the rest!"

«•»

The door bursts open.
"No one in the monitor room." A voice calls into a radio. Heh.

«•»

"Hello, can you hear me gentlemen?" I say into the radio. I had killed the soldier with the radio and took it from him. Like taking candy from a baby.

"I've already taken care of three of your men. Today, right here, you are all going to die. That's all there is to it. If you think you can kill me, I'd like to see you try. I will make it back." I break the radio before continuing.

I sneak behind a soldier as they talk on a radio. Without hesitation I shoot, four left.

That Andrew bastard chases after me aiming for the kill. Too bad, I'm not that easy to kill.

I meet back up with Lucas, standing by at a corner. We continue shooting and running down the tunnels. We reach a corner where another soldier is coming out and I shoot them, watching as they flopped to the ground.

For 13 years... I've been living thinking demons were the only enemy. But that time... All of it. Every bit. It makes me sick to my stomach. Our lives are not tools for you to play with.

I lost everything. But I got something back I could never dream of. No matter how many time you try, there's no way. You're taking them away! We'll Definitely Stop You Bastards Right Here!

Three more to go.

"Go, Lucas!" I yell, continuing my fire. He runs, but I hear a click. Dammit, his bad leg!

We run into the archives and into the tunnel, behind a bookshelf. As we do, we run into two more guys, with that Andrew bastard on our tail.

We're surrounded.