🎉New Year Special🎉

*31st December 2046*
*11:50pm*

As the new year begins, I go through a mental list of objectives I'd like to complete.

Objectives:
• Find !94'-!
• Find the Seven Walls
• Help Pepe on security more often

The kids run around the shelter as Yuugo yells for everyone to quiet down.

"Yuugo! I need help hanging the lights!" I yell as my figure continues to jump up and down, attempting to hang the lights on the ceiling.

"Fine." He says, blankly.

Yuugo picks me up off the ground, high enough for me to reach the hook, nailed into the ceiling.

As I string the light on, Yuugo drops me, onto the ground. I land on my feet and then to Yuugo.

"Thank you, Yuugo... You did such a great job being careful." I fake cheer.

With that, the shelter B06-32 is set for the New Year.

Five minutes to go.

My head swirls with thoughts about eating the cake Ray and I baked this afternoon.

Emma was banned from the kitchen after setting fire to the snacks.

The cake is a chocolate 10 inch cake with three layers and icing covering it's spongy texture.

The top is decorated with wild berries and sugary treats.

Three minutes to go.

The feast layed out on the table makes my mouth drool with hunger.

The sandwiches are filled with flamed meat and melted cheese.

The savoury scents enter my nose, blessing it with the smell of meat.

I can taste it on the tip of my tongue.

One minute left to go.

I jump at Emma and Ray ready to count down the seconds for the new year with my family.

A new year of survival and hardships. We can handle them. We always do.

"10."

"9."

"8."

"7."

"6."

"5."

"4."

"3!"

"2!"

"1!!"

"0!!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!"

We scream and hug each other as the new year is here.

I grab a plate, stuffing it to brim with food as I eat my way through the night.

Yuugo banned me at some point, but was too tired to deal with me much longer, hitting the hay like most of the family.

All who was left was me, Ray and a passed out Emma on my back.

We head back to our room and I carry Emma.

We talk and talk and talk about different ideas. Stuff we've read in books. So much more.

A truly happy night!

I set Emma on a bed and curl up next to her. Ray takes a blanket and snuggles up to us.

Soon, we fall asleep on the bed with a blanket draped over us and squished togther, sharing warmth.

Best night ever.

(450 Words)