Strange Encounter?

It was dark, Serena knew she shouldn't be out at this time but she had some extra work to catch up to at school.

She passed by the alleyway and quietly shivered, it was cold out and she was just wearing her normal clothes, she didn't know she would be out this late! If she did, she would have brought a jacket or something with her. She sighed tiredly as she walked on, the street was deserted and quite frankly, she was kind of scared.

"Please don't let there be any murderer. Please don't let there be any ghosts. Please don't let there be any kidnapper. Please don't let there be any ritualists. Please don't let there be any-" She muttered under her breath but suddenly paused when she heard a sound. She looked around her but saw no one.

"You must be getting delirious Serena." She laughed nervously and picked up her pace, her house wasn't that far anymore, maybe she could get there safely, she really hoped she could.

She walked really fast...

She heard another noise..

She walked faster...

More noise behind her..

She didn't dare look back...

She almost broke into a run...

The noise still behind her...

She recognised the noise, footsteps!

She ran!

BAM!

She fell.

"Ah! Please don't kill me!" She screamed scared and felt the person come closer to her.

"Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit~"

The person bent down and she looked up to see... Deila?!

"What-?" Her words were caught up when she heard the amused girl, Deila, start laughing so hard.

"You should have seen your face! You were so scared~" She said amused as Serena got up.

"Oh don't make fun of me Deila. It was dark, that could have been anyone!" Serena said quickly, trying to defend herself.

Deila was a friend of Serena from school, the two of them had been inseparable since Serena moved to the school.

"Sureee," Deila was not convinced, "Come on, let's go to your place before a ghostttt catchs you~" She laughed some more and swung her arms around Serena's shoulder.

"Ok ok, maybe I was kind of scared but why do you want to follow me home?" Serena asked, it was not every time that Deila would stay at her house overnight anyway.

"I decided to have a sleepover with you today, plus my house is further away from the school than yours," Deila explained with a sly smirk.

"So you are using my house as a refuge, good to know," Serena replied sarcastically as they began to walk to her house, no one noticed the two red eyes hidden in the alley way near them.

They got to Serena's house and Serena locked the door extra secure, still feeling a bit paranoid. Deila laughed a bit at this but made no comments and they retreated into Serena's room to sleep.

"Oh yeah, Deila?" Serena said just as they were about to sleep.

"Yeah?" Deila mumbled sleepily.

"Why were you following me for so long before showing up?"

"Huh? I didn't, it was less than a minute before I revealed myself, you were already so scared when I got there, it didn't even take me much efforts," Deila replied playfully before closing her eyes, "Now, shall we sleep?"

"Hmm, yeah," Serena said also sleepy as they both closed their eyes and slept.

Serena suddenly woke up.

'Wait! I thought I heard those noises more than 5 minutes before Deila showed up. Who was it then?'

Once again, no one noticed the pair of red eyes just outside the window watching them...

A/N: I am the one that wrote this yet I am feeling a bit scared right now. Why did I have to write something like this in the night??? 🤦‍♀️