The dreams

You always had dreams about the same guy. Sure, it might be in different locations/settings, or have a different plot/genre, the guy was still always in it... and your dream always felt out of your control.

Your dreams involving him usually surprised you and felt so real. It didn't have loop-holes, or have unusual things springing out of nowhere. Even some new things that were said in it usually turn out to be true which confused you cause you never even knew about it before. You couldn't even continue your dreams consciously as everything would feel strange as if... your dream was another world as real as the real world and was not under your control.

Another strange thing was that you had never seen that guy's face in real life yet it was so clear in your dreams. You wondered if your brain had picked up a random stranger's face to use for your weird dreams since brains can't form faces on their own.

Your phone rang, pulling you out of your thoughts, and you quickly answered it.

"Hello... Yes, that's me... What? That's today?!... I will be on my way right now," you replied before ending the call and jumping up from your bed.

You had almost forgot about your appointment today if not for the reminder from the caller. Well, it wasn't really like you forgot, you had just thought it was tomorrow. You probably got confused because of the dream debate that was on your mind. You pushed the dream debate to the back of your mind and quickly got dressed before rushing to your appointment.

Meanwhile, in your last dream world, the guy smiled a bit as he looked at the sky. Everything was in standstill since you weren't there.

Everything... except him...

He smirked as he looked in the direction you disappeared when you woke up.

"Mhm, Y/n still hasn't figured it out yet"