Rosa Diaz - Always, I'll Care (Fluff)

You and Rosa had worked at the same precinct for quite some time. The pair of you had grown to be quite close, Rosa eventually warming to you, though she'd never admit it.

One evening, you stood alone, feeling the wind blow through your h/l h/c hair and holding yourself up by leaning on the balcony bars. You'd been at work for what seemed like forever, it was as though the day never seemed to end. You couldn't hold your emotions in any longer, and you just screamed, and began sobbing over the side of the bars. You didn't realise how loud you'd been until you heard the click of a raven-haired friend of yours' boots.
"Hey, Y/N, you good?"
You turned to her, tears streaming down your face and sniffling, "Uhm.. Yeah."
"Stupid question, right, sorry. Uh, you.. uh.."
"Take your time.." You joked, laughing softly.
"Sorry, usually I'd just get Amy to deal with this or whatever but, I don't know, I, how do I put it?"
"You care about me..?"
"Yeah, that. Also, I was gonna say, you want a hug?"
"Desperately."
She held her arms open for you, and you ran into them, tears falling from your face again. Goodness knows how long you two remained, intertwined in each others' embrace, but it could never last long enough for you.
"Sorry, I think I got tears on your leather jacket.." You apologised, chuckling awkwardly.
"It's fine, I don't mind." She smiled a little, just enough that you could barely tell.
"Oh." You mused, surprised.
"Hm?"
"I'm just surprised, you care about your leather jackets a lot."
"Yeah, but I care about you a lot more than any jacket. I'll always care." She said, as deadpan as always, but with a much softer, kinder expression than usual.
"O-Oh, thanks, Rosa.." You stuttered, slightly shocked at her blatant expression of emotion.
"If you ever need anything, you know where to find me, right?"
"Not really, since you won't tell anyone your address, but I know what you mean."
She looked at her watch, "Looks like our shifts are about to end any minute now, you maybe, uhh, wanna come back to my place?"
"Yeah, I'd- I'd really like that."
"Cool, let's go." She interlocked her hand in yours, smiled up/down at you, and walked back through the precinct, and eventually back to her place with you.

Unbeknownst to you two, Boyle had been watching the whole ordeal, and when I say the next work day was unbearable, I mean it was really unbearable.

A/N - This whole chapter was basically just prompted by the jeremy zucker song lmao