Rosa Diaz - Late Night Phone Calls (Fluff)

You worked at the Nine-Nine, alongside many others. Granted, you were all very close but you especially ended up having quite the crush on a certain, closed-off colleague of yours. Rosa Diaz. She was the epitome of cool, and you, well.. Let's just say you were, optimistic. Certainly not as loud or nosy as Boyle, but nowhere near the level of cool Rosa was.

She had quickly noticed that you had a thing for her, and distanced herself from you as much as humanly possible. Obviously, you noticed, but being the timid, yet hopeful, person you were, you hoped that maybe you were just being paranoid. That was until you realised it had been around 3 months since the two of you had exchanged more than the occasional nod around the precinct.

A few days after your realisation, it was around 2am and you were up late, having trouble sleeping, and your phone rang. The abrupt noise startled you slightly and the light emitting from the phone stung your eyes at first, but you picked up none the less. It was Rosa. She was slurring her words and clearly intoxicated, and though you offered to go and pick her up she refused and continued rambling to you until she got home, where she promptly hung up.

You tried to bring it up to her the next day, worried for her well-being more than anything, but you couldn't deny that curiosity was a driving factor for you too. Alas, she was still, as per the usual, ignoring you. The only words she graced you with were, "Go away, Y/N, I'm trying to work." After such a cold response, you decided it best to leave it alone.

That was until it happened a myriad of times within the next couple of weeks. Not only was it honestly somewhat creepy, it was also disrupting your sleep. Each time you would go out and pick her up from wherever she was, taking her back to her apartment, which she forbid you from telling anyone about. She wouldn't ever say anything worth remembering, and that was what you thought was strange, I mean, why on Earth was she even calling you?

It was a usual evening for the Nine-Nine and a fair few of your colleagues decided to go to Shaw's Bar, including Rosa, and you tagged along as always. A good few drinks later, you had ended up a little too brave for your own food and decided to confront Rosa on the whole, late night phone call thing.
"Hey Diaz, come here! I wanna talk to you~"
"What?"
"Why do you keep calling me at night?"
"Oooooh- Rosa are you dating Y/N now?"
"Shut it Boyle. And no, I'm not."
"I wish you were.."
"What now?"
"Nothing. So why were you calling me? It was like 3am."
"Uh no reason. I just felt like a good old' fashion phone conversation."
"That's the least believable story anyone's ever told me, and I had a perp tell me he was God reincarnate. Now, why do you keep calling me?"
She downed another one of the many shots she'd had that night, and finally answered, "I get kinda freaked out walking home alone so I called you! Because I think you're great!"
"W-What? But then why won't you talk to me..?"
"I don't want to like you, I can't, I shouldn't, but my God I do.."
"Wait really? Cause I like you too!"
"Nice."
Rosa meant forward and kissed you. She was surprisingly gentle for a girl with such a rough exterior. Who knew some unusual late night phone calls could lead to that?