Chapter 4 (final part)

——— A Stolen Gnosis———

I

t has been a few days since Master Jean, Venti, The travel and diluc has defeated Stormterror, the city looked more lively than before and you were happy about he cheerful atmosphere lately.

You were waiting outside the door of the Knights of Favonius Headquarters sitting on the stairs, you waited patiently for Venti's return, but you wanted to wait for Jean to show up first.... "I hope everyone's okay" you said as you sighed after, suddenly a blonde girl caught your eye, it was Jean walking towards you "hello there, is there a reason why you're here?" Jean asked you, you stood up and shook your head "not really, I just wanted to wait for you Master Jean" Jean smiled "oh is that so? Well then wait for me here, Barbara what's to retrieve the Holy Lyre, but you already know what happened to it..." Her smile suddenly turned into a frown and you scratched your head and looked away  "The Holy Lyre huh...." You said, you knew what happened to it because you saw it with your own eyes, broken and will sadly never be repaired "wait for me here, I wanna check on klee really quickly before we head off to the cathedral" She said, you nodded and Jean headed  inside the headquarters of the Knights of Favonius.....

You and Jean both walked to the Cathedral and had a nice chat along the way, you both finally arrived as Jean took a deep breath and opened the door, you saw Venti and Barbara inside already and both of you and Jean walked towards them "ah y/n good to see you again, you too Jean"
Venti said as Barbara looked at you "hello Jean and hello y/n" The door opened and you saw the Traveler come inside aswell, "*Ahem*" you said as Venti looked at you with a nervous face "what?" He said, he pretended like he didn't knew what happened and you just looked at him

"This is Barbara the deaconess of the church, she is here to retrieve the Holy Lyre der Himmel" Jean said about the nun beside her "may the Anemo Archon protect you"

She  said while putting her hand to her chest "I'm not really in the position to speak compared our Acting Grand Master.... But I still wanna thank you all on behalf of all Mondstadt for your assistance! Fortunately, everything was resolved peacefully... I can't imagine how an all out war between military and the dragon would have ended..." The nun said cheerfully as you smiled at her "now the Fatui have no choice but to keep their mouth shut." Jean said seriously

"The Fatui? what is their business with the Acting Grand Master exactly?" You thought to yourself

"Sounds like quite the story. So, did you bring the Holy Lyre with you?" The nun asked "oh no" you said nervously "we cannot ask you to keep defending the lyre forever. The Seneschal has been pressing me for a while now...." Barbara stated "we did but uh-" Paimon said nervously as well, you could see sweat coming out of Venti's face it was obvious even the God who once used the Lyre can get nervous himself "Oh don't worry! I'm not here to collect rent! The Church has always received special funding..."  Barbara said again, Suddenly the traveler showed the broken lyre as you covered your faced with one hand in embarrassment.... The nun gasped to see the Holy Lyre broken... 
Both Paimon and Venti let out a small "Ahh...."

"Barbara: AHHHHH THE HOLY LYRE!!!" Then the nun collapsed on her knees praying to Barbatos and said "Oh, Lord Barbatos.... Even if I atoned for these sins for the rest of my life... It will still not be enough!" You just looked at the helplessly nun praying to the Anemo Archon "oh god....."  You said, Venti sighed and said "oh... Give it here" he said as the traveler gave Venti the Lyre, Then he casted some sort of spell on it that made it float and repair slowly.... And by your shock the Lyre was fixed in a jiffy! It was as good as new! "Wait what?-" you said confusingly, Barbara immediately stood up and took the Holy Lyre from Venti's hands "Ah... How could this?-
The Holy Lyre but how?!?" She said as she hugged the Lyre really tightly "huh? Let me see!" The floating girl said "no, no! I don't know how you manage to fix it, but you'll never touch the lyre again!" She said after leaving all of us... "We uh really should get going..." Venti said, you and the others were really confused but he explained "that trick I used to "repair" the Holy Lyre... I mean the magic that I used isn't going to hold forever you know?" He said as he winked, Everyone had shock in their eyes including you, then Venti suddenly left the cathedral as you and the traveler chased after him "you tone deaf bard! Hey don't go!" The little girl yelled...

You and Traveler chased Venti out if the cathedral suddenly... A group of Fatui soldiers appeared out of nowhere, both you and the traveler were shocked and you both immediately took action, the traveler used their Anemo powers to blow them away as you and the traveler both chased after them but they disappeared, Venti looked back at what happened, you were about o walk back to Venti but then, a chilly cool breeze of Cyro Magic appeared causing Paimon to fly away and both Venti's feet were both stuck in ice, You were about to run to him, same goes for the traveler, but two Fatui soldiers held both of your hands from behind causing you and the traveler to be able to not move "Let me go!" You yelled at the soldiers, you looked back up to see... a women  in black,white and red clothes and with some sort of black mask covering her right eye.... The 8th Fatui Habringer La Signora....

La Signora let out a small giggle and  said "At last, Mondstadt's strident ruler in the flesh." She said with her evil purple eyes "scurrying through the streets, looking for leftovers..." She walked up to Venti and you struggled to move.. she held his face and examined him "Mondstadt calls this a god?" You felt offended on what she said about Venti "Resident rodent... Beats invasive vermin—" Venti tried to speak but La Signora slapped him with her hand, you and the traveler tried to escape but it was no use they held both your hands to hard and you both couldn't go to him "dammit why is this happening now..." You thought... Don't you dare speak back to me insolent bard." La Signora said seriously while looking at the bard, Venti used his Anemo power to remove the ice from his feet slowly "look at you... Absence Archon of Mondstadt... How impotent you've become" She said to Venti "that smirk your wearing looks out of place, did you steal it from your master's face?" The bard said back causing La Signora to become more angry then the unexpected happened....

"La Signora: should've held your tongue" she said, Then she attacked Venti by putting her hand, sort of like a punch to his stomach.... causing a a beam of light to come if from his back,
When La Signora pulled her hand out Venti collapsed to the ground "VENTI!" you and the traveler yelled
"So this is a Gnosis? Wouldn't be caught dead wearing this ugly thing in public." La Signora said as she observed the small look alike hour glass on her hand.. "beauty is a waste... When the beholder has no taste..." Venti said with little energy, he looked like he was about to pass out struggling to crawl on the ground, La Signora walked up to the bard trying to crawl on the ground and kicked him with her foot and left Venti unconscious on the ground, once again you tried to escape the soldier but you couldn't.... You wanted to help the injured bard really badly and hold him tightly as he heals....
"Well, we have what we came for... Before our Favonius friends arrive,leave nothing behind..." She said after leaving, both Fatui soldiers hitted you and the travelers head causing you both to become unconscious, but the Fatui that hitted you didn't hit you so hard so you didn't pass out, you pretended to be in order for the soldiers to leave, you saw that the traveler was reaching to La Signora before eventually.... Them passing out after...

The Fatui finally left and you stood up immediately running after the unconscious bard on the floor, you checked his pulse just in case.... "Oh thank the 7 archons your alive" you sighed in relief, he looked like he really got hurt back there when she stole his Gnosis but you didn't know what that was.... But besides that you remembered him telling you that the tree at Windrise, the symbol of Mondstadt's hero.... He told you that he can heal there once

You nodded to yourself and wrapped his arms around your shoulders and his legs around your waist like a piggy back ride, you looked at the unconscious traveler again and you had a sad expression on your face... "I'm sorry honorary knight.... I'll leave you for now and I'll come back I promise..." You said after leaving them...

You arrived at the tree and you sat down and laid Venti's head on your lap, he looked so peaceful sleeping and you took of his hat and petted his head.... "Why... Why did the Fatui hurt you?" You said but of course he couldn't answer after all he passed out, you do really care about him and always take good care of him, but in all those months of spending time with each other he still keeps secrets...
(Pov: you and venti have known each other for 3 months now). "Gnosis? What is that basically..." You looked up to see the beautiful sky and had deep thoughts about it.... You looked back at him and felt some sort of affection? For a moment, you closed your eyes and rested aswell

"I'll ask you when you wake up..."

A/N:

Gotta admit I watched the cutscene at least 5 times to see what was going on-