|| Bound ||

|| ➊ Chapter  ||

|| Bound ||

        They said that all creatures in the Realm of Magic were bound to something-more specifically: someone. But when it came to the Realm of Magic, and the things that lived within it, there was always an exception. And the exception was the wolves.

The wolves, few of them that there may be, were said to be damned to live their existence without a life mate and he had began to think the rumors to be true...Until he found her, the woman with the stormy eyes he could never seem to get out of his mind.

It took him exactly four-hundred and nineteen years to find the one that he knew was destined for him. He had to admit, sighing to himself as he looked up to the honey-colored sun that cast its ray's on the forest floor, that the life of a wolf was a lonely life. After all, wolves were shunned from society, believed to be the hounds of Hell.

 ....

                "Do you think it's real?" The young wolf asked his caretaker as they walked on the uncrowded street that lead to where they lived. The question had been circling his mind for quite some time now, but at the risk of sounding foolish to the others, he had not asked until they were alone.

                "What?" She quizzed, not quite understanding his question.

                "That wolves have a destined one just like the other creatures do." He said it as softly as a whisper but it was loud enough for her sensitive ears to hear.

She was a fox-shifter who was told the same as the small wolf that walking beside her, that there was no bound one for a "creature" such as she, as if it were a sin to receive a destined one when you aren't a pureblood, like an elf or a pixie. 

 She wanted to tell the pup, so full of hope and wonder, the truth- that there had never been a wolf-shifter that was given a mate, that it was very unlikely but she settled on telling just small lie in hope that it would ease his childish mind, "Yes, in fact. There was once a wolf that had one, a long time ago." 

                "Did you know the wolf?" 

                "Sadly, no."

                "Oh, okay." 

They never spoke of it again, him knowing that she had lied but every night he prayed and prayed for what she said to be anything but false, hoping that by some miracle his prayer would come true.

After all, even a lie can soon become truth.

.... 

Love, along with finding the one you are bound to, was something that was becoming unfamiliar to his race among others, like a family recipe being slowly forgotten as the bloodline progressed.

Waiting for your destined one could be a struggle. He had no doubt about it but he was a patient man who believed that, in the end, the wait was worth it. He had heard the stories, how some creatures would start to become quick to anger, impatient, snapping suddenly without warning like a camera's flash. Eventually, they'd lose their feeling of hope or meet someone who they believed was worth it, preforming their marking ritual, therefore forever severing the bond that was held between the two destined one's.

He knew, as he began to age that the urge to mark what was his would begin to course through his veins like poison, infecting him. But the urge never came. The wolf inside him continued to remain calm and collected, like puzzle pieces welded together; He felt like a wolf who had already marked the one that he was bound to and he used to wonder if his wolf knew something that he did not but when he'd ask the wolf, it would simply reply:

        In time you will receive your answer. Stop being so antsy.

|||

The bond that holds soulmate's together can become tangled like sewing thread but it will never break without marking another, so no matter where you are in the realm of magic, meeting the one that you are bound to is something that is simply,

inevitable.