|| Waiting Between Worlds ||

(It Helps to play the music with this one)

||➋  Chapter ➋||

|| Waiting Between Worlds ||

        He felt as if he was pendulous in the vast emptiness in-between time as the images flashed in his mind, a dream he'd been stuck in for what seemed to be an eternity, a time of which he could not yet comprehend. He did not know when he had fallen asleep or if he even was asleep as he fell through the levels like glass that shattered upon impact, everything becoming a blur as it whipped past him from the speed at which he fell. 

it was a strange feeling, nothingless, to feel lost or out of control. He had felt like this all of his life, falling into the unknown as if he was pushed off the highest cliff just waiting to hit the water and drown in it. He didn't know what awaited him as he would hit the rocks, all he knew was that somewhere along the way there would be darkness waiting to suck him in like a black hole in space.

Nothing.

Nothing but darkness was there and as if a button had been pushed he was no longer numb to the feeling of lonliness and despair that had its grip on his heart like a deadly virus; nothing was waiting for him at the end of the line and for the first time in his life he did not like knowing this.  He didn't like knowing that there was nothing on the ground for him, not a person or thing was waiting for him. No, he did not like it-- not one bit.

        "Wake up." He heard as faint as a whisper on a busy day.

He wanted to know what his life would be like with her, his mate. He knew he would later have to seek redemption for his mistakes, and any punishment that she gave to him- he would gladly take. The unknown question had already been answered, a silent agreement with the Moon Goddess; He was falling faster now, time no longer waiting for him to make a decision to go or to stay.

He heard her voice once again say "Wake up!" This time more urgent like the crashing of waves against the rocks that covered the bay. He wished that he could obey the request that fell on his ears but it was as if an anchor was tied to his feet, pulling him down to where the floor and the ocean meet.

        "Wake up. You need to wake up, now!" The sound, loud as the banging of war drums against his ears as everything around him began to shake and shatter, pieces falling downward. He was trying to grasp on to anything, to pull himself back up to her but it was all in vain.

There was nothing around him but shards like glass.

        "Please, you have to wake up. Time is running out. Please." It echoed through the halls of his mind, at last collapsing everything in sight, every thing falling downward in one, large, final crash. Like something grasped at his feet, the tidal wave pulled him under.

He was no longer falling, just floating, waiting between worlds as streams of light appeared, clamping onto his body and clawing at his soul.

His vision became darker like a blindfold was slowly being held over his eyes, the cloth so thick that it covered even the slightest bit of light from the outside and he knew. He knew what he had to do to make it out of the water that enclosed him like a casket just waiting for the right time to strike and lock him inside.

        He gasped out into his hazy mind, I'll see you at first morning light.

And just like that he heard her reply, playfully like a child inside his mind, Well, wolf. Let's see if you can find me this time. 

He growled in reply as he grabbed the tether of light that was wrapped tightly around him with his scarred hands, yanking it off of him-- out of him and the light in the air recoiled from him at the action for a only a few mere second's but it was all he needed to make two world's collide long enough for him to step inside.