iv. in love with Galini's pie... and you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

You hummed a cheerful tune while you skipped merrily as you passed buildings.

You're heading to your favorite shop, the Galini's Pie Shop. With the money you have collected from working, you're finally able to buy the most expensive and delicious pie for yourself. 

While you were busy daydreaming about pies, someone was walking in front of you with a lot of thoughts in their mind.

So as a result, the two of you bumped.

The person fell miserably, so you quickly lend your hand to help the person.

"I'm so sorry!"

You finally get to see who was the person, and it turned out to be none other than Carly, your girlfriend.

"No, it's my fault," she took your hand and got up. "I was upset that I didn't pay attention to where I'm going."

You noticed it was odd to meet her here since you thought she had plans. "Why are you here? Why are you upset? I thought you were going out with Freddie and Sam?"

"Well, not anymore," she sighed before forcing herself to smile at you. "Aren't you supposed to be at Galini's? You said you have been saving up to buy the pie of your dreams. What was it again? Oh, the banana fudge pie!"

"Yeah, I could've been there by now, but I had to work overtime. But it's over now and I'm on my way there," you told her. "You wanna tag along and talk about what made you upset?"

"I guess getting pies won't hurt, right?"

ೃ⁀➷

You handed Carly her favorite coconut cream pie in front of her. "Here."

"Thank you!" she beamed as she grabbed her fork and dived right into it.

"No problem," you smiled before sitting back down with the drink you ordered for yourself as you watched her eat.

She moaned in pleasure when the pie entered her mouth, "Y/n, you're the best!"

"I know," you grinned, watching her enjoying herself. "Do you want to tell me what happened now?"

She gulped down the pie before talking, "I will, but after one more bite."

"Whenever you're ready," you nodded before resting your head on your hand.

She raised her fork again and took one more piece. She swallowed it and put down her fork again.

"Okay, I'm ready," she claimed.

You nodded and shifted your attention to her and only her.

"Well, as you know, I was supposed to be with Sam and Freddie, right?"

"Yeah," you said before sipping the drink you ordered.

"Do you know that they're dating?"

You choked on the drink and cough violently.

Carly ran to you and patted your back. "Are you okay?!"

"Yeah," you said and give her a cheeky smile when you had finally calmed down. "Now that I'm with you."

She smacked your back lightly. "You could've died!"

"I know, I'm sorry!"

She scoffed jokingly before sitting back down.

"Where was I?"

"Sam and Freddie."

"Right. So they have been dating. You know how they always argue over... well, everything. I have been helping them work out every fight. Earlier, I have to attend their date just to wait for a fight. I grew exhausted, so I finally tell them off when they started fighting."

You nodded understandingly. "How do you feel about it?"

"Annoyed. They always rely on me to sort out their fights. I think they shouldn't date at all if they aren't able to solve their own problems," she sighed before reaching her fork and playing it. "Anyway, thanks for listening to me."

"Of course."

She took another bite of the pie before staring at you again. "You know, after seeing their relationship, I realized that I'm really lucky to have you. I'm really glad we get along."

"Aww, I love you too."

ೃ⁀➷

When Carly finished, she got up.

"I'm going to pay for this," she stated.

"It's okay, I've paid for it already."

"Really?" she gasped. "Thanks."

"Anytime," you flashed her a smile and got up. "Let's go."

The two of you left the store.

"Wait," she paused right when the two of you got outside. "What about the banana fudge pie?"

"Don't yell at me for this, but... I've spent the money on your pie," you grinned.

Her eyes went wide, and she ignored your request, "You what?! Y/n, you have been wanting that pie since forever! And you're just going to waste it on me?..."

"Hey, for you, it's not a waste," you took her hand and reassured her. "Don't worry, the pie can wait."

"But Y/n—"

You interrupted her by smashing your lips to hers. It surprised her, but she gave into it.

"No protests or I'll kiss you again," you told her when the two of you finally break away.

She giggled, "Then I guess I'll protest more just so you can kiss me more."

You smacked her arms playfully and a childish laugh escaped from her lips.

"I'm just kidding!" she hit you back jokingly. "But honestly, kiss me more."

"Alright, alright," you pressed your lips to her forehead.

"I love you," she whispered.

"Love you more."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄