xvi. your little brother.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

You were watching over your little siblings when the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it! I'll get it!"

Jackie, your little brother, shrieked while only in his pants and ran to the door.

You ran after him, with his shirt in your right hand and your baby sister, Jennie, in your other hand.

"Jackie, come back!"

The little boy opened the door, revealing a Gibby with a bouquet.

"Hello Gibby!" he waved energetically.

"Oh, hey Jackie," he smiled and looked around. "Where's Y/n?"

"Jackie!" you laid your hand on him while trying to put the clothes on him but he disobediently dodged. You groaned and scolded him for his behavior. "Come on!"

Gibby stood in the doorway awkwardly.

"Hey..."

You looked up to your lovely boyfriend and quickly got up.

"Hi, sorry about that."

"It's alright," he chuckled while handing you the bouquet.

"It's really pretty, thanks," you stared at the flowers in both admiration and guilt. "I'm so sorry I have to ditch our anniversary date to look after my two siblings..."

"I told you, it's alright," he patted you. "I figure if you can't go on a date to look after these kids, I'll just come here and help you."

"How considerate," your smile blossomed at his thoughtfulness. "Again, thanks."

Jackie gagged at the interactions exchanged between the two of you. Wanting to change the atmosphere, he pulled Gibby's sleeves and pleaded, "Let's go in and play!"

Gibby nodded and the two walked to the couch while you set the down flowers.

They started a small talk while they wait for Jennie and you. When you walked to them, you overheard a piece of their conversation.

"-Why are you shirtless?"

Jackie giggled, "Because I want to be like you!"

"Hey, I don't do that anymore!"

ೃ⁀➷

Jackie, Gibby, and you were watching Jackie's favorite show when Jennie's cry was heard.

You got up and went to Jennie's room right away.

"Wow," Gibby muttered. "Y/n did this every day?"

"Pretty much," Jackie shrugs. "Jennie is a crybaby."

"Well she's a baby...", Gibby chuckled before sighing as he thought of you. "I think your sister is pretty cool."

Jackie choked on air, "Can you stop talking about my sister?"

"Hmm, I don't think I will," Gibby teased the younger boy. "I love her."

"Ugh," Jackie rolled his eyes.

"One day, I will steal Gibby from you, Y/n! He will be mine," Jackie grumbled. "We will have puppies and adopt kids together! Mwahahaha...."

"...I heard you loud and clear but I'm going to ask you," Gibby spoke in shock. "What was that?"

"You weren't supposed to hear that! I thought I was self monologuing!"

"You were what?" Gibby stared at the little boy, confused by his peculiar antics. "Also, what puppies will we get?"

"You didn't hear anything, we will not speak anything about this for the future!" Jackie yelled in embarrassment as he stormed out of the room.

"No promises!" Gibby shouted back before looking back at the TV. "Man, what a weird kid."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄