Of the Shadows

After the stare down between servant and master, Batman relented before saying "There's no time to lose. We need to plan.". The woman nodded before saying "I concur. Lead the way to your workshop magus.". Breathing an internal sigh of relief at summoning, at the very least, a sane individual, Batman then led the woman to his computer to show her his plans so far only for her to instead grimace saying "What is this? What self-respecting magus would rely on technology when-" only to see her "boss" as it were, smirking.

"Wait... You mean to tell me-"

The smirk didn't fade.

"Was I summoned to be the servant of a non-magus?" the woman asked confused but with a hint of worry.

She then thought to herself 'That explains it...'. She realized that he wasn't even the source of the energy sustaining her. 'It was the cave and the fact that said cave was next an active leyline not the buffoon could know anyways' she thought to herself.

This irked her somewhat but the situation is at least salvageable.

"At the very least, you're a dead apostle right? If we can get you to drink someone's blood, you can at least produce mana that-".

The man then genuinely asked her "A dead apostle, what's that?".

'Wait, he doesn't know what a dead apostle is? Maybe, just maybe, he's just a clueless youngling at the very least.'

She then calmed herself down before speaking. "That is what you are. If the grail's terms are correct and all, people nowadays call them... Vampires?".

The man then said "No." flatly to which tye Cadter class servant panicked and thought 'Wait, he's not a dead apostle?!'

"Please, at least, don't tell me you're just some random guy in a bat suit?"

The miniscule grin formed on the man's face before saying "Not exactly.".

"Oh for the love of-" she almost swore. She felt many emotions currently, but before she could process any of them, the Batman then stopped her before that as he pointed to the screen. He then said "Despite the fact that the only magic-"

She then corrected him with an annoyed "Magecraft." only for him to dismiss it with a "Whatever" which further annoyed her.

"Anyways, despite the fact that the only magecraft that I've ever done is the one to summon you, I'm not helpless in this secret war of yours.".

"What could you possibly mean? Technology will always be inferior to magecraft until it fully disappears. There's nothing in this era that I can possibly-". Caster stopped her rambling after realizing her supposed master was basically ignoring her on his way to a light around a corner.

Insulted, she then said "How dare you! I am a caster from the Age of Fae, it would serve you well to-" only for him to nonchalantly cut her off by saying "We're here.".

She then looked up and saw a giant computer screen with a massive keyboard as well as various other equipment. He then smirked saying "Lucky for us, I don't like conforming to the rest of the world." but before she could take the time to take in the sight of the nearly space age, albeit somewhat hodgepodge and makeshifted equipment, Batman then calls her over and says "Let's go over what I know and what our plan for the upcoming Holy Grail War.".

________________________________________

Meanwhile, a few hours later- in a different place in the same city, Kirei Kotomine- the master of Assassin- stood atop a hill overlooking the spot where a mansion stood. Alongside him was one of the Hassan of the Hundred Faces' members, the same bald man from earlier.