six

the next day at school, claire looked around the class and managed to realize that the three boys from the hang out before were in all of her classes.

"hey," claire whispered, gaining raemi's attention, "since when were they in our classes?"

"who?"

"jake, jay, and sunghoon," she replied.

raemi gasped, "they've always been here. you never realized?"

claire shook her head and looked at the three boys again, accidentally making eye contact with sunghoon.

she was able to catch a glimpse of sunghoon smiling at her before she turned away out of embarrassment.

as the four sat down at a table for lunch, the three boys walked towards them with trays of food in their hands, sitting down.

sunghoon took the vacant seat next to claire, while the other two boys sat across from him.

"hey hey woah woah," sophia began, "this is new."

"right," raemi spoke, pointing her chopsticks towards the boys, "why are you sitting by us today?"

"do you want us to leave?" jay asked, getting ready to stand up.

"no no it's okay," raemi shyly chuckled, holding onto jay's arm, "sit down."

sophia, haeun, and claire shared a look with each other before looking back at raemi and jay.

"what's going on with uh .. you two?" sophia asked.

"w-what do you mean?" jay stuttered, "there's nothing going on."

"there's nothing going on," raemi added after.

"yes there is," sunghoon coughed under his breath, but everyone managed to here it.

claire turned to look at sunghoon while showing her bright smile as she broke into quiet laughter at his joke.

the two made eye contact before claire looked away and laughed along with haeun and sophia.

secretively, sunghoon admired the way claire's eyes curved as she smiled, revealing dimples on both cheeks.

wanting to change the topic, raemi cleared her throat, "are you boys planning on joining the class trip to disney?"

jay and jake immediately replied, stating that they would, while everyone looked at sunghoon, awaiting his response.

"i don't really know," sunghoon replied with a smile.

"why not?" haeun whined, "it'd be fun. amusement park plus friends .. what could be better?"

claire looked at sunghoon, the two sharing eye contact before sunghoon looked away and replied, "when the time comes, i'll think about it."

it was after school and claire was walking home. since her house was only about eight minutes away from the school, she didn't find it necessary to use the bus.

she left her earphones at home, so she couldn't listen to any music on the way home, allowing her to be more aware of everything.

with that, she listened intently as she felt someone's presence follow closely behind her.

claire turned around to see sunghoon, making her eyes widen.

the two stood in silence before sunghoon couldn't hold back a smile and let out a soft chuckle, "um .. hi."

"o-oh yeah .. uh hi."

"since whe— your house is this way?" claire questioned.

sunghoon nodded, "i always walk this way."

claire gasped, "you're joking. really?"

"yep. i always walk behind you and see you bopping your head to music all the time," he chuckled.

claire gasped even louder and covered her mouth with her hand, "oh my. that's so embarrassing."

sunghoon laughed, "no it's not. it's cute."

as if claire wasn't already flustered by the situation, she began coughing loudly, choking on air.

"but i've got somewhere to go in fifteen minutes, so i've got to get home," sunghoon spoke, beginning to walk ahead.

"oh yeah .. you uh go do that," claire replied.

"you're not coming?" sunghoon asked, turning back around, "come on. let's walk together."