fourteen

"sunghoon," claire called, waving at him to come towards her.

once he was in front of her, she got on her tippy toes and placed a black bucket hat on his head.

"i like it. i like it a lot!" she clapped like a child, fixing his hair.

while claire was admiring her choice of hats, sunghoon looked down at her face and focused on how extremely close they were.

"look," claire smiled, turning him towards the mirror, "do you like it?"

sunghoon nodded and took the bucket hat off, running his fingers through his hair to put it back on.

what sunghoon did secretly made claire's heart do something, but she tried her best to not show it.

"let's go pay," sunghoon spoke, leading the way to the front counter.

"now what do you say? should we go get ice cream?" sunghoon asked after they paid.

"shouldn't we go to your parents?"

"they haven't called us .. it won't hurt to eat one right?" sunghoon asked mischievously.

claire chuckled, "alright, but if we get in trouble, it was all you."

sunghoon gasped as they headed towards the ice cream parlor, "but you agreed to go."

"so should i let you go on your own? i should, shouldn't i?" claire joked, turning to head towards the other way.

"no no," sunghoon replied, holding claire's hand and pulling her into the parlor, "you're coming with me."

"claire? sunghoon?" a voice spoke.

the two turned around to see sophia walking towards the two.

"is this what i think it is?" she teased, "a date?"

"no!" claire and sunghoon replied in unison.

"why are you two holding hands?" sophia laughed.

both of them looked down at their hands and back up at each other before immediately letting go of each other's hands.

"you guys are so cute," sophia chuckled.

"we're not dating! i promise," claire spoke.

"you guys are still so cute," sophia replied, "well anyways .. we're planning on hanging out again to shop for prom outfits."

"prom? isn't that like .. months from now?" claire asked.

"a month and a half," sophia nodded, "but it's better to get the dresses early."

"you guys can go," claire smiled, "i'm not sure if i want to go to prom."

sunghoon turned to look at claire saying, "but it's the last year of high school. why don't you want to go?"

claire shrugged, "are you going?"

"i have to get an outfit, but yes, i'm planning to go," sunghoon replied.

sophia gasped and clapped, "then you two should go as a date!"

claire began laughing, but rather sarcastically, and replied, "no."

sophia gave claire a slight pout and sighed, "i'll let you think about it more, but i've got to leave, so enjoy your little date!"

"it's not a date!" the two exclaimed together as sophia quickly ran out the parlor.