twenty-six

"okay everyone quiet down," the homeroom teacher began, "we've decided that our trip to disney would be the week before prom."

"so for your information, that's a little more than two weeks from now. gather all the money you can if you're planning to go."

"guardians are not needed for this trip since you all are old enough to travel alone, but they are invited."

"we will be holding fundraisers every friday, saturday, and sunday until the week of disney. on that topic, our class is in charge of this week's fundraisers."

"since this is only the first week, we'll only be having the fundraiser on sunday, so that leaves a whole week for you to prepare things."

"we have people coming to perform and sing. we also have little game areas for everyone to enjoy. all of it is part of the fundraiser, so make sure you come because all of this is for you."

"i can't wait for all of this," raemi squealed as the four girls headed to lunch, "senior year is getting closer to an end and it's kind of making me sad."

"right!? it seems as though freshman year was just a month ago," haeun sighed, "and then after this, we have college and have to find jobs.."

"i don't want to grow up," sophia mumbled.

"me neither," raemi added.

"claire, do you still work at that café?" haeun asked.

claire shook her head, "i quit."

"i figured because you've been able to hang with us more often. it's a good thing though," haeun smiled, "now we all get to spend the rest of senior year together."

"there's only two and half more months left," claire whispered.

"i know. all these years and i've yet to find a boyfriend," raemi sighed.

"tch.. you and your boys," sophia snickered, "you don't need a boyfriend. you're perfectly capable on your own."

"i know i know but .. i just want to know how it feels to hold someone's hand, to hug someone knowing that they love me, to be looked at like i'm the only one that matters, to—"

"what are you talking about?!" haeun asked, slapping raemi's arm, "we can do that for you."

haeun and raemi bickering with each other made sophia and claire laugh constantly as they sat at their lunch table and waited for the boys.

"i heard you were skating again," raemi began to speak, looking at sunghoon, "when are we going to see you on the ice again?"

sunghoon smiled, "you can come by today after school. practice is open to the public today."

"really? let's all go then," raemi planned.

"sounds good to me," jay nodded.

"what is up with you guys going out on school nights?" claire laughed.

sophia smiled and put a hand on claire's arm, "you should come. it'll be fun. don't you wanna see sunghoon?"

claire could see sunghoon look at her in the corner of her eyes and said, "well we live together, so i already see him everyday."

"what?!" jay, raemi, haeun, and sophia exclaimed at once.

"y-you .." jay began.

"say that again?"

"oh .. you guys didn't know," claire shyly chuckled.

"ohhh .." the three girls spoke in unison, understanding the situation.

"am i the only one lost?" jay questioned.

"you'll understand one day," raemi smiled, patting jay's head.

"but you'll still come right?" sunghoon asked claire.

"i— we'll see," claire replied.

"oh isn't this the same place we skated at?" claire asked raemi as they took a seat in the audience section.

raemi nodded, "the place is open to the public during the day, but after school, it closes for the professional team."

"oh! it's sunghoon," jake pointed out.

all their eyes turned towards the rink and saw sunghoon skating around.

the breeze blew his hair back and made him look extremely ethereal.

sunghoon skated around the rink a couple of times before coming around to the side where the six were sitting and smiled at claire, "you came."

claire smiled back and nodded, but before the two could exchange a conversation, a girl skated up to him and pulled his hand.

"is that .." haeun began.

"did she .." jay gasped.

"that's not her right?" sophia questioned.

"mina? oh yep. that's definitely her," jake sighed.