thirty-three

it was the day of prom and the four girls were at sophia's house, getting ready together.

of course they had dates. sunghoon had figured out a way to ask claire to prom on the last day of their disney trip. jay and raemi had a little thing going on, so they went together. haeun and jake went together as friends.

as for sophia .. remember that cute hotel boy?

he ended up asking for her number and they talked literally every night. he lived a few hours away and would be surprising sophia, being her date to prom.

the girls' dresses:

(you can just imagine that the boys have corresponding suits)•"the boys should be here, so let's go downstairs," sophia stated

"the boys should be here, so let's go downstairs," sophia stated.

"oh my," sophia's parents gasped, "you girls look beautiful."

"do you mind standing together so we can get a picture?" they asked, receiving yes's and nods.

before sophia's parents took the picture, the doorbell rang and her parents began recording.

"honey, i think you should go open the door," sophia's mom smiled.

sophia noticed how everyone was acting suspicious, skeptically answering the door.

once she opened the door, she immediately shut the door and faced everyone with widened eyes and her hand over her mouth.

"open the door hun," her dad laughed, "you just slammed the door in his face."

"i-is that .. really .."

"open the door and see for yourself."

sophia slowly opened the door and got a good look at who was standing outside with a bright smile on his face.

"theo .."

"hi sophia," he chuckled.

"hi .. um .. come in," sophia stuttered, stepping aside to let him in.

as theo walked in, he kindly greeted claire's parents and the girls before sophia hugged him.

"sorry," she shyly spoke, "i just needed to make sure .. it's really you."

"yes it's really me," he chuckled, "and you look really really pretty."

"and you .. you look so different from when i saw you in florida," she smiled, "definitely much more .. handsome .. attractive .. um .. you look nice yourself.

"you're nervous, aren't you?" theo whispered.

"oh yeah," sophia nodded, making him laugh.

the doorbell rang once again and claire went to go open the door this time, revealing the three other boys.

sophia and theo stepped aside to talk more, while the three other girls went to the boys.

"i like what you did with your hair," claire smiled, holding sunghoon's hand to walk him inside.

once they were inside, sunghoon pulled claire closer and smiled, "you look like a princess."

"my princess," he added.

claire chuckled, "you look like .. you just look .. you look so .. wow."

sunghoon laughed and went in to hug her, but backed away and said, "am i allowed to hug you or will that mess up your hair and makeup?"

claire left him unanswered and wrapped her arms around him first, sunghoon wrapping his arms around claire right after.

"oh i can't believe you're mine now," he whispered.

"okay kids," sophia's mom spoke, "it's picture time."

the eight of them headed inside the prom venue and attracted all eyes.

they found a vacant table and sat down, talking and getting to know more about theo.

theo was a very well-rounded guy. he was kind, funny, talented, and extremely calm about everything. most importantly, theo never failed to show how much he was in love with sophia.

though the two never openly expressed their feelings for each other, it was so obvious that they were in love.

"alright everyone," one of the teachers spoke in the microphone, "it's time to bring up our prom court."

prom court consisted of claire, sophia, raemi, haeun, jay, jake, sunghoon, and another senior, jisung.

the girls clearly showed that they didn't have any interest in being on the prom court, so it didn't matter who won.

"now .. we have decided that this year's prom queen is ..

claire lee."

claire's eyes immediately opened and landed on the three other girls who were smiling and clapping for her.

as the crown and sash were being put on her, the teacher proceeded to announce the king.

"next to claire, this year's prom king is ..

park sunghoon."

the student body along with other teachers began cheering for the two who stood in the center of the stage.

"as expected," the teacher laughed, "our campus couple."

"now .. let's get this night started off by asking our prom king and queen to head down to the dance floor."

holding each other's hands, they walked to the center of the stage and put their arms around each other as the music began playing.

"you know .." sunghoon began, "i never got to properly ask you to be my girlfriend, but i promise i'll make it up to you one day."

"sunghoon," claire smiled, "you don't have to make anything up to me. i already know how much you care for me and that's all that matters."

sunghoon let out a long breath, not breaking eye contact with claire before mumbling, "you are so perfect. everything i've ever imagined and so much more."