Under the bridge

Carmen

One year together and it's been a rollercoaster of a year, but I wouldn't change anything for the world. Liv and I are strong together and I know that I have made the right decision. Just over six months we have been living together and they say you get to know the real person once you have lived with them, don't they? Well, I love the bones off that woman, and I'm determined to show her. All I need now is the perfect ring, a plan and I'm getting down on one knee and hopefully making her mine, for life. I've drafted in help from Dev and Callie and we are trawling the shops, looking for the ring that sings to me. "Are you nervous?" Dev asked me.

"About proposing?"

"Aye. It can be quite nerve wracking."

"Honestly, I'm shitting a brick but I'm hoping it will be a yes." Callie chuckled.

"Oh, it will, and she will cry."

"You think?"

"For sure. Do not underestimate Olivia's love for you." I smiled at the two women accompanying me. They know Liv inside and out and I couldn't have asked anyone else since I have become closer to Callie since the whole Amanda revelation and Dev's invaluable support when Liv had a little wobble of anxiety.

"Dancing with her at your wedding Dev, it made me even more sure that she was the one."

"She did look pretty hot as my best woman didn't she?"

"Totally fuckable in that tux, believe you me." Dev smirked, Callie shook her head laughing and we made it to the next jewellery store. All I need to do is find the damn ring.

"Do you have any idea what you want to get her?" Callie asked.

"Sort of. She isn't into flashy rings, so it would be something simple, but elegant."

"Do you have a preference of band?"

"White gold or gold. She is allergic to silver." We were are different parts of the jewellery store and I stopped dead and smiled. A cute, yet simple white gold ring, with a cubic zirconia centre and the best part of that ring, well apart from it's simple heart shape, it was green. Like the colour of Liv's eyes. Callie and Dev had noticed me staring at the display, with a smile forming on my face.

"Have you found something you like?" Callie asked as she looked over my shoulder. I nodded my head and Dev indicated to the assistant to come across. Telling her the ring I wanted to see, she brought it out and the three of us peered at the ring.

"That so screams Liv. Doesn't it Callie?" Dev asked our friend.

"I have to agree."

"It's the colour of her eyes." The assistant had taken a step back as we admired the ring. I looked up at her and nodded. This was the one and I ordered Liv's size in, feeling triumphant.

***

Today is the day. The day I get down on one knee and ask the woman who I'm completely in love with to marry me. I collected the ring a week ago and the joys of working with Callie, she arranged for Liv to be off today so I can put my plan in to action. It's not a big "look at us" proposal. I've organised a picnic at our favourite secluded spot in the park. I will see Liv walk across the bridge and make her way to our spot and I'm nervous as hell, but I can do this.

Checking my watch, I knew Liv would be on time. She hates being late for anything I organise. This morning, I made excuses that I had a few errands to run, but I would meet her here. Looking up at the bridge, I see the most stunning red head starting to make her way, smiling happily to myself. I frowned when she spun around. Something or someone has caught her attention.