She will make you smile again

Liv

After the night of Dev and Angel tried to cheer me up, I've been on edge. Dev hasn't had any more visions since that night and it seems like I'm not supposed to know what is going on anymore. The only way to distract myself is to keep busy and I've thrown myself back in to work, keeping myself occupied, organising classes, mingling with our clientele, and making sure that everything and everyone is happy. It's like I've been on auto pilot for the past few days and chuckle to myself at the memory of Dev and Angel trying to make me not drink alcohol. Of course, that night they were referring to, it was wild and kinky night that will remain between the three of us, but absinthe has a lot to answer for. "Are you ready to head home?" Callie brought me out of my thoughts.

"I think so. It just seems a little emptier each passing day."

"I can only imagine. Since we both finish at a reasonable time tomorrow, do you fancy dinner at ours?"

"Now that sounds like a plan. Do I need to bring anything"

"Just your car so you can get home afterwards." Saying goodnight to Callie after we locked up and when I returned home, ensuring that my own doors were locked, I set the house alarm and headed upstairs. All I want to do is have a shower and curl up in bed with my book.

***

Carmen

Jordan was staring at me and I had clearly missed the conversation, so she repeated her question to me. "What's next for you?"

"I'm going home. I have a girlfriend that I'm desperate to see now that we have saved your sorry ass."

"I saved both your asses!" I shot Franco a look.

"Shut it you." I gave Franco a friendly punch.

"What!? You nearly had a gun to the back of your heads!"

"Maybe so, but my reaction time is still superior." I smirked and pulled him in for a hug. "But seriously, thank you."

"I'm just glad I didn't have to break the news to Liv that you love her."

"Me too." Jordan looked aghast.

"You haven't told her yet? All you've done since we got back to base is talk about her." I smiled.

"I've told her a few times in a roundabout way."

"But not directly." Jordan shot me a painted look and I knew I had to explain.

"Somewhat. I told her in Flemish." Franco laughed and scolded me for being mean.

"Tell her in English the next time."

"I plan on it." We were saying our goodbyes to one another now that the mission was over and I had a couple of days travel back home and I for one, cannot wait to see Liv's face.

***

Liv

As arranged, I was at Callie's on Wednesday evening. "Auntie Ollllllie!!" Gav made a beeline for me and I let out a puff of air when he collided with me.

"Hey wee man."

"You've been here a while and I've not seen you smile!"

"I'm sorry wee man. Got a lot of things going on."

"Ol! Ol! Ol!" I turned around to see Chelsea being adorable.

"Yes poppet?"

"I wuv you!"