Making the Chat

Author's Note:

Hi! Sylvia here!

I've always wanted to write my own chat fic and now I have the chance to do it! But I didn't want it to just be like any old chat fic. I wanted it to be based on Discord! I know others have attempted a more Discord style chat fic before but it never really felt that way to me, so I'm giving it a whirl!

This book probably won't have an update schedule. This is just a little thing on the side when I wanna write some silly fun. I'll post chapters whenever I have one but it will probably be infrequent.

This chapter's gonna be one of the only chapter that isn't in text form since it's the context for why the chat exists. It's a bit melodramatic but that's what makes it funny! Don't worry, this is getting published with two others that actually have the chat shenanigans.

Anyways. Without further ado, enjoy!

~

Gale, Surge, Collete, Lou... Done. Mr. P finished selecting all of the contacts on his phone. He checked it twice to make sure he wasn't missing anyone and nodded to himself. Good, the easy part was done. Now for the hard part, inviting them.

It wasn't that hard per se, all he had to do was press a button. No, it was hard because he knew what the fallout would be. He knew how chaotic the brawlers could be, he lived with them after all, and he wasn't too keen on their shenanigans following him on his phone. Unfortunately, he had to do it. This was the easiest and cheapest way to both inform and contact anyone for future matches. As the most responsible brawler around (in his humble opinion) it was his duty to make sure they were informed of the goings-on when they were scattered around Brawltopia.

He wept his phone's last peaceful moments and prayed that things wouldn't break too quickly and pressed invite.