Chapter 10 - The New Deal

After the events of last night, everyone had crashed. Noah and Ares had stayed back with Klaus and Elijah to celebrate. Thankfully it's the weekend and we don't have to be at school, so here we are having breakfast at 11 am. Ares had come back near dawn leaving the brothers to spend time together. He had gotten a call from Noah earlier which was just another report of the idiocy of Stefan. Apparently, he had taken all of Noah's siblings.

I never understand what goes on in their heads making them believe their ideas are good. They just think that Klaus won't hurt them for some stupid reason. They seem to think that he's going to bend over backwards rather than just go on a hunting spree. It's not like his siblings can actually die. He would be able to find them even if it might take a century or more, it's not that much of a time for someone who is immortal.

"So, Stefan kidnapped Klaus' family?" Jeremy asks as we sit in my room. He had been waiting outside the house yesterday with a duffle bag because he's been having trouble being able to do anything at home. "Yup. Apparently, it's revenge for turning him into a psycho ripper and making him lose Elena." I explain. "What do you think is going to happen?" Jer asks. "Nothing good. But just stay out of it and let them handle their shitty plans." I tell him. "Probably for the best." Jer agrees.

We both stay in my room and watch a movie. After the movie, Jer tells me he's going to hang out with Tyler and Matt and leaves with the promise that he'll be back for dinner. I decide to clean my room which has become a little messy during the past few days and also decide to rearrange my closet because I haphazardly threw the clothes I got from home in there. Ares is always complaining that my closet is unorganized so I'll just enlist his help for that after cleaning my room.

I start by putting away things that have somehow found home on the floor, there a few of Jer's things as well that I put in empty drawers. After that comes stripping my bed and putting everything for a wash. While the bedsheets are being washed, I put new ones on the bed and then spend some time organizing my painting materials. After that, I put my laundry in the dryer before going to Ares' room.

I knock on the door before opening it, Ares is sitting on the bed reading through a grimoire. "Hey." I greet him. "Hey, need something?" Ares asks. "Yeah, I was just about to reorganize my closet. I was hoping you would help." I say. "Sure. This isn't getting anywhere, anyways." Ares says, sighing and dropping the book on the bed. "What are you looking for?" I ask him. "I was looking for tracking spells," he tells me. "So you didn't find anything? You probably know a few of them." I ask him. "Well, yes, but nothing is helping. The coffins seem to be hidden by cloaking spell and nothing seems to be able to break through it," Ares explains. ”But how did the Bennetts manage to create such a strong spell that even you can break." I ask him. "They probably have some kind of help. The question is who would help them and even so how are they so powerful." Ares wonders. "Maybe they have help from the dead witches. But according to Bonnie the dead witches left the house and they don't plan on coming back." I tell him. "Hmm, it's still worth checking out," Ares says.

Ares calls Noah and tells him about our theory. After that, we start organizing my closet. Well, I hand Ares clothes and he organizes them. "Even if the coffins are there if they can block your tracking spells they should be able to keep The Originals out, right?" I ask Ares. "I guess so, but they can get creative. We'll see how it goes." Ares says and turns to look at the remaining clothes. "Those should probably be kept elsewhere since you barely wear them," Ares suggests and I agree. We get two boxes and start packing the other clothes in them.

After everything is packed away, I thank Ares and start vacuuming the room. I can't believe I let it get so dirty. Neither can I believe I lived here for the past few days. Gross. After everything is clean, I change into more loose clothes and go to train for some time. Ezra and Arya join me after a while. We train for an hour or so before deciding to enjoy the rest of the day off with minimal physical effort. I go back to my room and shower since well since I'm sweaty. I decide to take a bath instead and get a bubble bath ready. I put on some music and get in the bath. After I almost fall asleep to a soft song, I decide to get out and get ready.

Afterwards, I go down to the kitchen to make something to eat, seeing as it is almost dinner time, I make salad and pasta. I make enough for everyone since they'll eventually decide they're hungry and come hunting for food. I used to think it was dangerous to let Jenna cook but Arya proved to be worse. I'm pretty sure if left alone she would set the whole house on fire with just toast or a pan. It's a rule that she isn't allowed to even help in the kitchen, she isn't even allowed to use the coffee machine which started as a joke but is now somehow very real. Sometimes Adam and Felix even tease when she uses the microwave and hide behind couches or yell for Ezra to protect them with magic. This led to Arya tormenting Adam and Felix whenever they were training by changing weights and whatnot. They still do it sometimes but it's more toned down and in a more playful manner than anything else.

As I'm about to plate my food the front door opens and Klaus storms in followed by a tired Noah and an aggravated Elijah. Klaus goes off towards the gym most probably to break stuff. Noah and Elijah had been working together to solve their internal problems and Klaus had started to put in efforts too. They were trying to be better at communication and daggering unnecessarily. It's... it's a work in progress. At least they're trying.

"So... have fun?" I ask Noah after he sits down at the table. He gives me an I will kill you look before sighing and almost banging his head on the table. Elijah clears his throat and I turn to look at him. "We did find the coffins but..." Elijah says and Noah cuts him off, "But surprise, surprise the dead witches were being a pain, and by that I mean a literal pain." Noah says sounding pissed and murderous. "Yes, that. Stefan wants Niklaus to get rid of his hybrids or he’ll kill them himself. That is the ultimatum." Elijah explains. "No offense or anything but, why are you taking him so seriously? What's the worst he can do? Ship them off somewhere? They can't die so... just, I don't know, give him an ultimatum. He still has his humanity, right? He still cares about people and if no one else, he cares about himself. You already know the location, he has nothing on you." I tell them and Noah stares at me. "You want me to threaten your sister's boyfriend with her death?" Noah asks. "As long as you don't kill her, it's fine. Did you find Rebekah?" I ask him. "No, but we think she's at the Salvatore house," Noah explains. "Okay. So what's the plan?" I ask him. Noah just shrugs his shoulder while Elijah just sighs. "Okay then," I say before going back to plating my food. I make a plate for both Elijah and Noah.

I start eating while the other two are seemingly making plans. Before long we are joined by Arya, Adam, Ares, and Ezra. Natalie and Felix were out with other friends. Klaus comes back when everyone had already finished eating and were just clearing the table. "What happened?" Ares asks after everyone sits in silence for a few minutes. "The coffins are there but Stefan gave them an ultimatum," I explain. "So, now what?" Ares asks, directing the question to Noah. "Well, Elle has a point. It's not like he can kill anyone and even if he does move them, without the power of a hundred witches he won't be able to hide them. So, now, we just make him regret his entire life." Noah explains. Great. Hopefully, Elena knows what's best for her and doesn't die. "Don't you care about your family?" Klaus asks. "Hurt them and you'll find out," I tell him with a smile.

I leave for my room as they start making plans. I send Jer a text to warn him to be careful and to make sure to drink some vervain. After that, I decide to read through the encyclopedia that Adrian gave. It's a... it's a read for sure. Although, Noah claims that it's just filled with nonsense because he's never met any other creatures. Even if that is true, I'm just curious and it's fun to see different creatures being displayed as actual people who have tendencies and some who are pretty similar to vampires, or even werewolves and have little or no say in becoming what they are. It's particularly interesting to read about creatures that aren't immortal and lead pretty normal lives even with their powers. Even though it sounds like a disaster asking to happen, I would really like to meet all of them someday.

Hey guys, I'm sorry for not updating for so long. I just haven't had any inspiration to write. I somehow finished this chapter but I don't know if I'll be able to update consistently but I'll try my best to do so.