Chapter 6 - Smells Like Teen Spirit

The night was long with Arya waking up sick and scared. All of us took turns to keep an eye on her and rest. Around 2 or 3 AM Noah and Ares convinced everyone to go to sleep as we had school. As of now, we were eating breakfast and it was clear no one really slept well. We had decided it was better for Arya to stay home for a few days. Adam would also stay with her in case she needs help. Everyone finishes eating and cleans up before getting ready for school. We leave for school and Rebekah decides to join us. Ezra had given her a deadpan look because who in their right mind would willingly go to High School? His words, not mine.

Throughout the ride, Natalie and Rebekah talk about new technology and the school and fashion, and basically everything. It was obvious that Rebekah was used to waking up in a whole different age and learning things all over again. It was more sad than impressive really. Rebekah was excited to go to school and experience a 'normal life' as if that was even possible here. Hopefully, Elena's stupidity doesn't increase and we can live peacefully. "We're here. See you guys at lunch." Ezra says as we arrive and he parks the car. We all separate and go to our lockers while Rebekah is accompanied by Natalie to collect her schedule.

I get the necessary books from my locker and head to the first class. Since it's the first day, the classes drag on unnecessarily. The bell for lunch finally rings and I head out for the picnic tables and sit down on one. I take out my phone and text Noah to find out if everything is okay and if Arya finally woke up. Natalie arrives as I put down my phone and she looks annoyed. "What happened?" I ask her after she sighs for the fifth time. "I share my classes with your sister is what happened," Natalie explains. "And? I know you don't particularly like her but it's not like you need to talk to her or anything." I tell her and she gives me a tired look. "Yeah, but I can hear her whining. Seriously, how does she always have something to complain about?" Natalie questions.

"What's going on?" Felix asks as he comes to sit with a tray. "Natalie has been hearing my sister complain apparently," I explain and he nods. "All morning, I share every class with her, just why? And to top it off she was complaining because Klaus compelled Stefan to make sure she doesn't get herself killed. Like, what's the problem? You're alive and so is everyone, just be grateful not like you don't have another boy toy or anything." Natalie grumbles. "I mean isn't that Stefan's normal job already? That's exactly what he's been doing since he came here," Felix adds agreeing with Natalie. "Exactly," Natalie exclaims.

Ezra joins us and Felix explains everything again. "Why don't we talk about something else? Are you still trying for football?" I ask Ezra. "I don't know, it seems a bit too boring. I would rather spend my time learning something else." Ezra says. "Like what?" Natalie asks him. "I don't know, maybe I'll take up a new hobby. What do you think?" Ezra asks Felix. "Sounds great. Maybe Elle could teach you how to paint." Felix suggests. "That's a great idea." Ezra agrees and looks at me. "Sure. I don't think I'll be a good teacher though." I tell him and he nods smiling. "Aren't you eating?" Natalie asks me. "No, I'm not really hungry," I tell her and she nods her head reluctantly.

We are soon joined by Rebekah who seems just as annoyed as Natalie if not more by Elena. "I was thinking about joining the cheerleading team. What do you think?" Rebekah asks us with a smile. "Sounds great. If you're interested I'm sure you'll do great." I tell her and her smile widens. "Fair warning though both Bonnie and Caroline are on the team. So be ready for that." Natalie warns her and Rebekah smirks. "Well, that should be fun. You wouldn't mind waiting right?" Rebekah inquires. "Of course not. We'll wait." Ezra assures her. We all nod in agreement. "We'll even cheer you on," Felix tells get and she gives him a sweet smile which I've never seen before. The bell rings and we once again head to our classes.

The rest of the day goes by similarly in a monotonous way. After classes, I head towards the ground and sit down on the bleachers near the place I know cheerleading practice will take place. I'm soon joined by Felix and Ezra. "No one's here." Felix states. "They're probably changing. They should be here soon." I tell him and he nods. "Where's Natalie?" Ezra asks. "I don't know. I saw her leave her class and assumed she would be here by now." Felix tells us.