Epilogue

Ten years later ***

   "Sweetheart, do you have Rachel's mud boots?" Trace asked as he came from the mudroom.

  "They are in the mudroom under the bench. Just as I told her ten minutes ago."

  "I guess she didn't see them."

  "Because she didn't look. She's in such a hurry to go see Winter Storm give birth. My guess is also that while you're in here getting her boots, she's in the barn with muddy shoes."

  "I told them to stay on the porch." Trace came and hugged me from behind and kissed my neck.

  "And when was the last time Rachel listened to you when she wanted something?" I asked him as I tilt my head for better access.

   "Damn! You're right! That girl never sits still. Especially when she wants something. Kinda reminds me of you."

  "Oh no! You are not putting that on me! That is you all the way around! If you didn't, we would not have been married within a day of meeting." I turned in his arms. "And I have loved every moment of it.'' I kissed my husband of ten years deeply.

  "Mommy I'm thirsty." Gage, our six year old said as he walked into the kitchen.

  "I'll get it mom!" Elizabeth, our eight year old said. She got her brother some juice.

  "Thank you Izzy!" I told her. "Honey, you need to go rescue your daughter's shoes. Dinner in about an hour. Don't let her be late."

  "Ok, sweetheart!" With another kiss he was gone.

  Our ten year old twins love their horses! So much that Rachel will do anything to be with them. Including ruining running shoes with mud and grass stains. Or be late to dinner.

  Mikey isn't much better. At least he doesn't like being late for a meal. No matter what horse is wanting attention. Just like his daddy.

   Izzy is more like me. At eight years old, she loves to help in the kitchen. Gage is somewhere in between. He loves the outdoors, but not for the animals. He loves just being outside. Tonight he will be camping with his dad, brother, and pop-pop.

    Mom-mom, will spend the night here with myself, Rachel, and Izzy. I hear them pull up outside. Trace had a sliding glass door put in the kitchen. It is open now to let in the slight breeze. I love the fresh air.

  The second house in Texas had sold in just three weeks. That three hundred seventy-two thousand went into a college fund for the children. I gave Heather a commission as a thank you. We have actually became friends of a sort.

  "Mom! Mom-mom and pop-pop are here!" Gage screamed a half hour later.

  "Thank you, Gage!" I chuckled.

    "Hello my little lovelies!" Mom said as she got out of the truck. "Rachel Michelle! Look at your shoes, my child! What are we going to do with you? Always ruining your shoes."

  "But I couldn't find my boots! And Storm was in labor! It was an emergency!"

  "So I assume that Storm gave birth." Pop-pop added.

  "She sure did! A little girl this time. Dad said that mom gets to name her since Storm is her horse."

   "That is only right." Mom said.

   Rachel opened the door for her grandparents. "Mom, what are you naming your filly?" Rachel asked me.

  "I will think about it. Get those nasty shoes out of my house."