Ten

The guys put the deck chairs up as I secured the rest of the house. Hurricane season is upon us, so I lowered the metal blinds over all of the windows. Then we are ready to go. Our cab pulls up outside.

  "This place looks so different." Rachel mentioned.

  "I usually only put the steel blinds down when a hurricane is coming straight at us. But since I won't be back for a while, might as well play it safe. With the security system and cameras, I can keep an eye on the house and property."

  "That sounds like a very smart system." Mike added.

  "My grandpa was a very smart and forward thinking man. He hated the thought of putting plywood over the windows at every storm. So he hired a contractor to put in the metal blinds. After that, when a storm was upon us, we would simply lower the blinds and hunker down inside." I replied.

  Trace has been quiet this morning. Once we are on the plane and in the air, I ask what is wrong.

  "Nothing is wrong, sweetheart. I am just soaking everything in. I'm just realizing that people are so wrong."

  "How is that?"

  "Some people are thinking that you are after my money. When in fact, you have more than I do."

  "I don't care what people think or say. You married me before you knew about my worth. You fell in love with me. Not my inheritance. Not my restaurant or houses. Just as I love you for yourself. Not your ranch, or house, or money, or football career." He was paying attention. So I press on. "I love you for the man that you are. Your awesome personality, sense of humor, your love of the simple things in life. As you told me before. Don't worry about what other people think or say. They aren't in our marriage."

  "You have to admit though. I fell in love with your cooking first." He gave me the cocky grin and wiggled his eyebrows.

  I laughed with him. "Yes you did! It is great to be needed!"

  "And I do need you! Every minute of every day. I love you with every fiber of my being." I started crying silently. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

  I shook my head. "You are so sweet, Trace! Nobody has ever loved me like that. You make me so happy. I don't even know why I'm crying!"

  Trace picked me up and sat me on his lap. He proceeded to kiss my tears away. Then he brought his lips to mine and kissed me tenderly until we needed to breathe.

  "Do we have time to make love?" I asked him.

  "No. We only have about twenty minutes more."

   "So not even time for a quicky." I replied.

   He unbuttoned my pants and started playing with my clit. "Nope! But I can play and give you an orgasm quickly."

  He did too! Trace played with my clit as he sank two fingers into my core. He also massaged my tender breast. Within minutes, I was flying high. Trace captured my lips in a searing kiss. Swallowing my moans.

  He pulled his hand out and licked his hand clean. "Sweetheart! That is amazing! The way that you are so sensitive now!" He kissed my forehead as I had my head on his shoulder.

  I chuckled. Trace buttoned my pants back up and just held me as I came back down. "I have noticed that, lately. But you have always known just how to get me worked up. Just simply amazing every time. I love you, Trace!"

  "I love you too, Tamara!" I started falling asleep. "Tam, sweetheart. Wake up for me."

  I open my eyes and realize that I had actually dozed off. I stretch. "Sorry about that."