Epilogue (2/3)

"...so I was juggling all these fabrics in one arm, while I try to balance the coffee tray, right? Like I'm a few minutes away from being late so I was practically zooming towards the elevator. I was breathing so hard I felt like the mirrors in the elevator would fog, and I was about to greet the only other person in the elevator -you know, I wanted to be nice and friendly -and guess who the ever-living hell is in the elevator with me?" Bailey practically wailed, eyes wide and looking comical since she couldn't move her face due to the face mask.

"Who?" Kaycee asked from the other side of the screen, her phone positioned on the kitchen island, while she is chopping cucumber with Sean behind her, keeping himself busy at the sink.

"Anna fucking Wintour!" Bailey exclaimed, holding up a nail polish brush.

"Who?" Kaycee asked again.

"Anna Wintour is the editor-in-chief of Vogue, baby," Sean appeared beside her, putting some vegetables on the island.

His girlfriend looked at him incredulously. "And how the fuck do you know this Anna chick?"

"Hey," he said, dragging the word. "I get fascinated skimming Vogue. Fashion interests me," he shrugged, before turning back to the sink.

Kaycee dragged her gaze throughout the length of his body, eyeing his extra-extra-large shirts and baggy sweatpants. "Clearly," she said dryly.

"She's the inspiration for Miranda Priestly, Kayc," Ken chimed from another window, busily typing on his laptop.

"Who?" Kaycee asked yet again.

"Devil Wears Prada?" Ken added helpfully.

"Wha -" she shook her head, giving up. "You know what -I don't know why the hell the guys know her better than I do but just get on with your story, B," she said.

"Oh God. I feel like I failed as your best friend. We're watching Devil Wears Prada when you come home. Anyway," Bailey went on about the unfortunate elevator incident wherein she was literally sweating buckets throughout the ride, knowing that the Dame was known to prefer having the elevator car alone. Bailey rambled on about how she messed up some assignments given to her, accidentally spilled coffee onto a model, and ultimately got yelled at by the end of her first day as an intern in Vogue.

"That's tough," Sean commented after Bailey told her story.

"Holy shit. B, how come you didn't mention anything about this? We could've had girls' night," then Kaycee paused. "Wait, this was Monday. I was still at the apartment that time and you didn't come home," she pointed out.

Bailey opened her mouth, then closed it, blinking rapidly. "I messaged you that I stayed over a -a friend's, remember?" she said.

Kaycee just stared at her best friend's face suspiciously. Then suddenly, she looked at Ken who was still typing in his laptop, but there's that noticeable smirk on his lips.

"Oh yeah. You said, you're 'destressing'," Kaycee said slowly, raising a brow.

"Yeah..."

"And does that involve Ken's -" then Kaycee waved around an eggplant.

Hearing his name, Ken finally turned his full attention to the video call to see what Kaycee was doing, but that only elicited a full smirk and a chuckle; Sean turned and let out a loud cackle, and; Bailey's face turned beet red, mortified. But Kaycee was not amused.

It was almost two years since Bailey and Ken agreed to to be whatever they are right now. Yet, they went on dates (study dates, they insisted), fought like a couple and got jealous like a couple, and to Kaycee's concern -slept together a lot like a couple ("It won't happen again," Bailey insisted every morning-afters). Of course Kaycee knew it was basically none of her business, but like any concerned best friend, she worried that they could just hurt each other in the end. They had all graduated aside from Sean who was just starting law school, so she didn't get what the hell they are still waiting for.