Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Carly Roxwell was not expecting to see both her father and Isabella waiting for her after school, as soon as she spotted them, she ran to where they were standing and hugged them both

"How was school today?" Isabella asked as she crouched down to Carly's height.

"It was super fun." Carly beamed, "We have the Halloween party coming up, a Christmas charity event in December, and a talent competition in January." The little girl went on.

"How exciting." Isabella replied, "The next few months sounds like fun."

Carly sceptically looked up at her father, he had never come to pick her up from school as far back as her little mind could remember, she had memories of Daddy Austin, Mrs woods, the maid, the butler and even her grand uncle Brian picking her up, but never Daddy Aiden.

"What are you doing here?" She quizzed.

Aiden looked down at the puzzled look on his daughter's face, he didn't even know this was what the school Carly went to looked like, he had heard of the name the few times when Austin spoke about it, so he could somewhat understand why his daughter was surprised.

"I've come to see my little bundle of joy." He answered back staring at the young girl that was a replica of her mother, perhaps that was the reason he was so absent in her life he thought, every time he looked at the girl's young face, he remembered the pain of losing his wife.

Aiden smiled as he lifted his daughter onto his shoulders, "I hear you want to buy a Halloween costume." He mentioned, "Any idea of what you want to be this year?"

"Wonder woman!" Carly affirmed punching her hand into the sky, "Or maybe She-ra."

                                  ************

Aiden Roxwell watched how Isabella helped his daughter try on different costumes, clapping every time she finished changing, and taking photos with her mobile phone

Aiden Roxwell watched how Isabella helped his daughter try on different costumes, clapping every time she finished changing, and taking photos with her mobile phone. Carly seemed to be enjoying the mini fashion show they had going on as she not only tried on the wonder woman and She-ra costume, but had added Supergirl, Batgirl, Starfire, Poison ivy, Catwoman and even Tinkerbelle to outfits she wanted to try on.

After another painstaking thirty minutes of shuffling between outfits, Carly had finally opted to go for the supergirl costume making Aiden thank the stars, he never knew what it was about women and shopping, they just loved taking their time and ended up forgetting what they originally intended to buy.

At the checkout, Aiden stopped Isabella from paying even though he knew she had his card, he was after all a gentle man and for some reason wanted Isabella to notice his good qualities.

"Thank you." Isabella smiled as she thanked him, she wondered if he had noticed that she had also picked out a Halloween costume for herself. Aiden however couldn't stop looking at the chocolate beauty in front of him, he was simply awed by her looks and personality and although he wanted to get close to her, his luck with women was not the best.

The Cashier at the till soon cleared her throat snapping Aiden and Isabella out of whatever chemistry that was going on between them, the poor cashier had just gone through a bad break up and did not want to see couples so lovey-dovey in front of her especially at her place of work, she knew she was so close to losing it.

"Isabella, I'm hungry." Carly whined rubbing her small stomach, Isabella couldn't help but laugh before she replied "Come on little Carly, Let's go get you some dessert."

Once again Aiden watched as Isabella attended to his daughter so carefully and naturally, he was sure that if the woman in front of him wasn't of colour that people would see all three of them as a family, not that colour mattered to him, heck he was ready to have two more caramel babies with Isabella he secretly thought to himself.

He looked over at the breath-taking nanny once more and immediately started weighing the pros and cons of getting to know her. Despite the number of reasons on the positive side being more, the reasons on the negative side had much more serious consequences. Aiden sighed so loudly that he caught Isabella's attention.

"Is everything okay sir?" Isabella worriedly asked, but before Aiden could reply, he saw his younger brother running towards them.

Austin was happy to see his family at the mall; it had been a long day talking to the mall's planning department who wanted to extend the mall so they could fit more shops. At first he didn't see them until his eyes landed on the irresistibly gorgeous nanny. Immediately he arrived where they were seating, he hugged his excited niece, and sat down right beside Isabella.

"How was everyone's day?" He asked with his eyes trained on Isabella, he barely heard the words Carly said, but once she was done, he looked over at Isabella and asked "There's a company event tonight, would you like to be my date?"

____________Author's Notes____________

Should Isabella say yes to being Austin's date?

If you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to vote ⭐⭐⭐ and comment.

My gift to you today is.........................

Austin Roxwell 😁😁 (His smile always gets me 😍🤩

Austin Roxwell 😁😁 (His smile always gets me 😍🤩.)

_______________________________