Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Austin Roxwell was now extremely tired of the countless interviews him and his uncle had with temporary nannies in the last week, even though they were more than qualified for the job, he just didn't think that they would be a good for Carly. His niece needed someone young, upbeat, exciting, and positive, the old prudes that he had interviewed didn't meet any of these criterion. In fact he was sure his niece would be so scared of them that she would run in the opposite direction. The thought of the little Carly running away made him chuckle.

"What's so funny?" His uncle Brian asked.

"The thought of Carly running away from these old prudes." He confessed making his uncle join in the laughter.

"Maybe we should just consider one of them, it's only till January." His uncle said with a sigh.

"I know." Austin admitted, "I just really want someone that could help make her Christmas special, She's getting older and wiser uncle, I don't want to give her bad childhood memories."

Austin watched his uncle nod in agreement, "She hasn't called yet has she?" His uncle inquired.

Austin instantly knew who his uncle was talking about, his uncle had highly recommended one of the singers in the bar that he ran which was in the process of being knocked down to rebuild a hotel that Austin designed himself.

"No she hasn't." He disclosed truthfully, a part of him wished she would call because from the things that his uncle said, she would be a perfect fit for Carly.

"Maybe I should give her a call." His uncle said in deep thought, Austin however shook his head; he was not one to force people into doing things they did not want to, if he was, he would have forced his brother to spend time with his daughter like any honourable father would.

"Daddy!" The young Carly yelled running down the stairs and jumping into Austin's arms. "Daddy! ....Daddy!" She cried.

"What have I told you about running down the stairs?" Austin scolded; the fact that his niece called him daddy was something he had hidden from his big brother, he knew that Aiden would feel terrible when he found out, but after Carly's mother died, Aiden had thrown himself into work barely looking back at his daughter as a coping mechanism, and never came out of it.

"My IPad is not working." Carly said bursting into tears.

"Did you remember to charge it?" Austin asked arching his eye brow.

The young child looked at him confused "Mrs Woods says I am not allowed to touch any outlets." Mrs Woods decision to leave two days earlier than she intended was another secret he had hidden from his older brother, he figured she was leaving anyways, so why anger his brother even more.