four

the start of a new season.

as the fall term continued, leaves fell off of the campus trees in vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow. hogsmeade trips would begin soon after the quidditch season started.

although sakura had put much more pressure on the ravenclaw quidditch team for the upcoming challenging season, the stress didn't affect karina's cheerful demeanor.

the first game was set for this week and it was the most anticipated game of the season, since it was gryffindor v. slytherin.

jeno and jaemin's newfound rivalry wasn't the only thing separating the house teams. lucas and mark's competitiveness overpowered their friendship when it came to quidditch, which only added fuel to the fire.

on the day of the game, breakfast was the most tense part of the day since it was before the game. gryffindors and slytherins took the time to slip in a glare or two between bites, while ravenclaws and hufflepuffs either picked sides or ate awkwardly. yujin, karina, and hyunjin were part of the latter.

"do you think everything's gonna be okay during the game?" hyunjin questioned warily. "i mean, slytherin's known for playing dirty."

"yeah, i'm not sure this is gonna end well..." yujin mumbled, chewing on buttered toast.

karina sighed and dropped her fork on her plate. "whoever looses is gonna push that loser energy onto future games, so this doesn't only affect gryffindors and slytherins, it affects all the houses."

the three girls sat in silence, thinking to themselves, until sakura passed by. as she caught karina's attention, the ravenclaw chaser asked, "hey karina! do you know if anyone special is coming to watch the game?"

sakura walked up to the three girls and put a hand on karina's shoulder. "the minister's coming, so obviously it's a big game apart from just the house rivalry. i'm pretty sure some of the players' families are coming too."

"are the lees coming?"

"yeah, both from mark's and jeno's sides," sakura nodded. "i'm pretty sure donghyuck's side is coming too, since they're close with the na's."

karina's jaw dropped. "the nas are coming?"

sakura shivered. "apparently...i don't think this will end nicely. but headmistress and madam hooch allowed it, so we just have to deal with it."

sakura looked to see her 7th year friends calling her over. "i'll see you at the quidditch pitch, karina!" she yelled.

"see you!"

✧ ✧ ✧

yujin, karina, and hyunjin sat next to each other on the ravenclaw stands, preparing to watch the game.

"it's so chilly, i could totally use a butterbeer after this," hyunjin mumbled. the girls hummed in agreement.

all three girls wore their school robes, but yujin had a ravenclaw scarf wrapped tightly around her neck, karina wore mittens and an extra coat, while hyunjin had a hat on with their house colors.

as students began to gather in their house stands, sakura sat behind the girls with her friends. "hi karina!" she greeted. karina turned around and waved.

"take some mental notes on this game, it could help us in the future with our own matches," sakura instructed. karina nodded and sakura continued to chat with her fellow 7th years.

"hello and welcome to the first quidditch game of the season!" a voice boomed over the crowd. "my name is lee naeun, 6th year hufflepuff prefect, and i am your mc for this match! today's game is...gryffindor versus slytherin!"