seventeen

special chapter: holiday break! (pt. 2)

"yujin?"

eunwoo and yujin turned their heads to find jaemin. yujin's eyes widened, realizing what situation they were in.

"oh no..."

"and who are you?" eunwoo questioned, looking jaemin up and down.

imitated, jaemin shyly mumbled, "jaemin..."

eunwoo sharply glanced at yujin, who awkwardly chuckled. he raised an eyebrow and added, "last name, please?"

"na...na jaemin?" jaemin replied, confused over the tone of eunwoo's voice.

eunwoo cleared his throat. "so, you're friends with yujin."

"...yes?"

"and why?"

jaemin tilted his head. "uh...why what?"

"why are you friends?"

"um...i don't know...we're just...friends?"

yujin mentally slapped herself in the face. "who are you?" jaemin asked.

"me? i'm cha eunwoo," eunwoo responded, burning holes into jaemin's forehead with his eyes.

"oh? a '97 liner!" jaemin exclaimed.

"...you know the '97 liners?"

"of course i do!" jaemin beamed. "well, at least jaehyun and jungkook."

"ah, jaehyun," eunwoo mumbled. "so you're friends with yujin because you like her brother?"

"dumbass!" yujin snapped, slapping eunwoo's arm.

"ow, what? a lot of people did that to you when we were younger!" eunwoo whined.

yujin scoffed. "he knew jaehyun before he met me. don't you know their clique? the uh...the '00 liners!"

this time, eunwoo tilted his head. "no?"

"did you mute the group chat again?"

"...yes."

"that's why! i'm pretty sure jungkook told me he said something about them in your group chat!"

"ooh, what did he say?" jaemin questioned with his eyes sparkling in curiosity.

"so nosy..." eunwoo muttered slightly inaudible, clicking his tongue. yujin heard it, though, and hit his arm once again.

"i don't really know, but i'm sure eunwoo here could tell you if he didn't mute the group chat," yujin deadpanned.

"i'm sorry, okay? i was busy!" eunwoo whined again.

"whatever..."

the three of them stood in silence with an awkward atmosphere. eunwoo was still suspicious of jaemin, glaring at him every so often. jaemin definitely felt the glares and decided to ignore them, focusing all his attention on the jewelry on his hands. yujin, displeased with the situation they were in, leaned against the bookshelf and played with her phone.

jaemin cleared his throat, bringing yujin and eunwoo's eyes to him. "so...what book do you have there?"

yujin glanced at the book and widened her eyes. of course, to jaemin, it was an innocent question to break the silence. but to eunwoo, it was everything to show why yujin couldn't be friends with him. the friendship-breaking book.

eunwoo chuckled darkly. "this? this is a history of the first and second wizarding wars, mainly focused on death eaters."

yujin could tell jaemin was getting visibly uncomfortable, fidgeting with his silver rings even more. "hey, stop that," yujin whispered sternly, but eunwoo paid no attention.