sixteen

special chapter: holiday break!

yujin groggily sat up on her bed, exhausted from last night. the '97 liners stayed up all night playing video games and forced her to stay until at least 03:00. luckily for yujin, her parents woke up due to the large amount of noise and let her go to bed early at 02:41.

the alarm clock next to yujin's bed read 12:58. the ravenclaw sighed. she never woke up this late unless it was caused by her brother in some sort of way.

yujin stared out the window as she tied her hair into a ponytail. the muggle world seemed so different after attending hogwarts. yujin and jaehyun, of course, were influenced by their parents, since they both attended hogwarts, but they still couldn't get used to the different environment during breaks.

the jungs placed a few rules to keep their magic to a minimum outside: 1) wands can only be used inside the household to help or ease workload, 2) you can only bring a wand outside in the muggle world once you are 18 (diagon alley excluded), 3) duels are banned in the jung household, and 4) never tell a muggle what school you went to, instead, say you were homeschooled.

all the '97 liners were technically allowed to carry their wands with them outside of the house, but yujin's parents decided that it would be too risky considering how much of a ruckus they could cause and only allowed minghao, jungkook, and yugyeom to carry theirs. they believed that those three were the most responsible, other than eunwoo of course, and wanted to make sure wands were in the hands of those who wouldn't wave them around carelessly.

jaehyun was still upset about this decision, since he knew his parents thought he wasn't responsible enough to even carry a wand in the muggle world, but didn't complain too much.

yujin, on the other hand, always had to leave her wand at home since she wasn't eighteen yet. she was never really bothered by this rule, since she found no particular use of a wand with muggles, and diligently obeyed her parents' rules.

the ravenclaw looked at the calendar on her wall. jaehyun had scribbled all over it with plans for the holiday break because he didn't want to leave his sister behind after last year's incident. according to jaehyun's messy red ink, eunwoo was supposed to visit today. a smile grew on yujin's face, finally, after so many months, she would get to see her favorite '97 liner.

yujin happily left her room and ran down the stairs. "good morning!" yujin greeted with a grin.

"woah, what's with the smile, you're never this happy to see us," seokmin chuckled.

jaehyun nudged the gryffindor with his elbow. "of course she's happy, eunwoo's coming back today!"

yujin nodded her head rapidly, her smile only growing wider with every nod. she looked at the two gryffindors on the couch and asked, "where are the others?"

"still sleeping," jaehyun replied, scanning through netflix's catalog.

"they're burned out after last night," seokmin added. "but minghao's in the kitchen."

"he's helping mom with breakfast," jaehyun said. "said they're doing chinese cuisine. mom was extremely happy."

yujin chuckled. mrs. jung was a fan of many cuisines and loved trying new foods. you could say that she was a foodie, even after traveling to hundreds of countries before having jaehyun.

the girl plopped herself down on the couch adjacent to jaehyun and seokmin. "what are you watching?"

"dunno, there's like nothing here," jaehyun sighed.

seokmin grabbed the remote and clicked on haikyuu!!. "one of my older friends recommended this anime."

"basketball?"