𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 || 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐂𝐥𝐮𝐛

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

I walk into mine and Richie's house, twirling with my arms out.

"Welcome home," I said. I was in a good mood, something that didn't happen very much after I was forced to switch schools.

"Cleaner then I expected," Eddie murmured.

"We aren't going to be living in trash," Richie snapped. "We aren't you."

Ouch, I thought, giving Eddie a small smile. He smiled back before turning back to Richie. Neither of them said anything, they just looked at each other.

"What's happening?" I whispered to Stan.

"I thiiiiiiiink they may be talking telepathically," He whispered back. I felt his hot breath against my ear, and chills went down my spine. 

I turned away so he wouldn't see my blush. Clearing my throat, I begin to walk upstairs. Richie's brown eyes snapped towards me, and his brows furrowed. "Where are you going?"

"To my room?" I answered, confused. "To put my stuff up?" 

"Hurry up, you always take forever," Richie said before leading the others into the living room.

I huffed and stomped upstairs and into my room. I put my stuff down before walking over to my desk, getting my art stuff out. I flipped through my sketchbook, frowning as I did so. Most of the early stuff wasn't as good as the more recent stuff was.

I barely heard when someone opened the door until I looked over to see Stan looking around in awe. Pictures that I had drawn were hung up, as well as pictures I took on my camera. The room was semi-dark, only one lamp on to give the room an almost eerie look. 

"I didn't know you did photography," he said, running his finger over them.

"Oh yeah," I confirmed, shutting my sketchbook and coming to stand next to him. "Photography is a good way to get your mind off things. It's fun, too."

"I agree!" He looked happy, a smile plastering itself to his face. "Birds are the most fun things to photograph- I could watch them for hours."

"Birds, huh?" I gave him a sideways look. "You don't strike me as the birdwatcher type."

"My mom got me into it when I was younger," he confessed shyly. "She took me because my friends were busy and she couldn't leave me home alone. I guess she didn't know what she was about to unlock within her son."

"It sounds like your close to your mom," I murmured.

He sighed, glancing away and shrugging. "I used to be before she got fixated on our family being "perfect". She started caring more about what the town thought of us instead of what we thought about each other. Now all she cares about is reputation."

I looked down, feeling a twinge of pity. "I'm-"

"No, don't," he interrupted. "Don't be sorry. It's alright, I swear."

I nodded and thought for a second before clearing my throat. "Is there a reason you came up here?" 

"Oh!" He looked up and grinned. "Richie sent me up here, he told me to make sure you didn't take an hour."

"I'm going to kill him."

When we had gotten downstairs, we took turns playing games for a bit until night finally hit.

"To the Quarry!" Richie announced happily.

I smile at him. My brother was honestly one of the best people I knew. Other then the other Losers.

I finally found my family.

edited: wednesday, march 9th, 2022