𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 || '𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐮𝐜𝐡'

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

We rode to the pharmacy as quickly as we could. Of course, the whole time, Eddie was talking nonstop.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think of our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys realize there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now, right? My mom's friend in New York City got it just by touching a dirty pole in the subway, and a lot of AIDS blood got into her system through her hangnail. A hangnail!"

"Oh my god, Eddie, shut the fuck up!" I snapped as we turned into the pharmacy alleyway and dropped our bikes. The kid sat on a conveniently placed crate.

"R-Richie, wait here. C'mon guys," Bill said, taking off running into the pharmacy. The rest of us followed close behind. 

Eddie immediately started grabbing a shit ton of stuff, which I thought was a bit ridiculous. He grabbed almost one of everything, it seemed.

"Can we afford all that?" Bill asked, eyeing the supplies Eddie was holding. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a crinkled dollar. Stan had two. I put mine in his hand and shrugged. "Doubt it. This is all we have."

Bill stood there thinking for a minute before turning to Eddie. "Y-You have an account here, right?"

"If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself, I'm spending the rest of the weekend in the emergency room getting X-Rayed."

"What's the point of having an account if you can't even use it?" I grumbled, crossing my arms.

We all were quiet as we thought, until Bill looked up and said, "Y/N, just stuff some of it in your bra."

"What?" I hissed, all the color in my face draining. Stan bit back a laugh, his face turning bright red, while Eddie turned to give Bill an incredulous look.

He shrugged, clearly uncomfortable. "I-if he thinks w-w-we only got this stuff, he won't question i-it."

Eddie nodded in agreement, his movements a bit spastic. "He'll just think, 'wow, that's one developed kid.'"

"I don't know if you've noticed," I snapped quietly at him. "But he's a creep. Probably a rapist, definitely a pedophile."

"So?" Eddie shot back. "Do you want to save that kid out there? Because if we don't-"

"We could probably take him to the hospital where they would do it better then we could," I pointed out.

"Then we would have to answer a bunch of questions like how he ended up like this and why we were in the sewers in the first place," Eddie said, glaring at me.

"Lying exists for a reason!" I exclaim, probably a bit louder then I should've.

Stan rolled his eyes and huffed. "Just do it to save us from another 15 minute argument."

I opened my mouth to snap at him, but another voice interjected. "You okay?"

I turned to see Bev shove something behind her back and nod. "I'm fine. What's wrong with you?"

"None of your business," Stan snapped.

"There's a kid outside, looks like someone killed him," Eddie said quietly.

"We need supplies but we don't have enough money," I explained to her.

She looked at Mr. Keene, the pharmacist, and back at us. "When I look back, run, okay?"

She walked up and said something to him. He took his glasses off and handed them to her. She put them on and said something else. She went to hand them to him but knocked over the display of cigarettes. Mr. Keene bent down and she glanced behind her shoulder at us. We took off towards the door, Eddie nearly falling and Stan grabbing my hand and yanking me out, and hurried to where Ben and Richie waited.