𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 || 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐬

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. Tonight wasn't going to be easy. I turned around, looking at my outfit. I finally shrugged and backed away, opening my door, but not before I gave the wall above my bed a look. It had taken a lot of time to clean the blood off of it, just I was just glad it was over.

Walking out, I took the stairs slowly, feeling too dejected to go happily. I looked up and saw Richie near the door, the look on his face one I haven't seen in a while. I approached him and nudged him warmly, murmuring, "Hey, best friend."

He glanced over and smiled. "Hey. Eddie said we were meeting at Bill's house, I was waiting for you to hurry up. I told you that you take an hour."

I gently shoved him and we walked out of the house, starting off towards Bill's house. My mood shifted once again into the quiet, somber one, and Richie was being uncharacteristically quiet. He sighed and looked at me. "Do you think she'll miss us?"

"Of course she will!" I replied, surprised. "We're her best friends."

"I don't understand why she has to leave," he continued sadly.

"Her dad isn't fit to take care of her. Her aunt is the only family she really has left at this point." I frowned and turned my gaze towards the ground. I felt like we had failed her. We had let it get as bad as it did. We could have stopped it if we wanted to.

We walked the rest of the way in silence, both in our own world despite being right next to each other. When we got there, we didn't bother knocking. We didn't have to. The others weren't very difficult to find, being in the living room, yelling and laughing and eating pizza. 

"Hey guys," I greeted, and Stan stood up quickly to give me a small kiss. The others groaned, causing us both to laugh. "Sorry guys," he said, sounding completely unapologetic. "Get used to it."

"What's the plan for tonight?" Richie asked as he sat ON Eddie, who yelped and shoved him off, his face burning red.

"Eat pizza, watch movies, play games," Bev responded with a shrug. "I didn't want us to be all sappy and sad about it."

I walked over and sat next to her, resting my head on her shoulder. She leaned hers against mine and I sighed. "I'm going to miss you."

"Hey, what did I say?" She scolded gently. "No sappy shit. Today is gonna be happy."

And it was. We made fun of terrible movies, played some video games as well as board games, and talked about anything and everything we could think of. 

Of course, it couldn't last forever.

I was stood at Bills door, waiting for my turn to say goodbye to Bev. So far, Eddie and Richie had gone, leaving me, Ben, Mike, Stan, and Bill. Poor Bill looked the most upset, visibly fighting tears away. Stan had gone out and was currently saying his goodbyes, then I would go.

He stepped back inside after a while, wiping his eyes and nodding to me. "You're in for a great surprise- for someone who didn't want sappy shit, that's really all she said."

I gratefully smiled at his warning and went out, eyes fixed on Bev, who looked beautiful in the moonlight. When she saw me approaching she opened her arms, letting me collapse into them with a small sob. 

"This isn't fair," I sniffled, letting the built-up tears fall down my face.

"I know," she nodded, sounded just as choked up. "But it's for the best."

"I can't believe I have to say goodbye to you," I let out another choked sob, burying my head in her shoulder.

"Goodbyes are for losers," she murmured.

"That's exactly what we are," I said, joking despite the situation. She laughed, her laugh sounding full of tears.

"God, I'm going to miss you two Tozier's," she sighed. "Especially you. You're the best."

"I'm the best Tozier, definitely," I giggled, sniffing again.

She leaned back until our faces were close together. "Man, I really love you Y/N. You're one of my best friends." 

I smiled at her, letting more tears slide down my face. "I love you too, Bev."

She hugged me again, until I finally sighed. "I should probably let Mike say goodbye now."

"Probably," she agreed sadly. I started to walk away, before she quickly ran up to me, grabbed my wrist, and slammed her lips against mine. I was surprised, but kissed back anyways. After a moment she broke away, grinning. "Sorry, I've always wanted to do that."

I giggled at her before heading back inside, letting Mike go past me. I went into the living room and sat on the empty couch, fighting back more tears. After a second, Stan joined me, letting me lean on his shoulder.

"I miss her already," I whimpered.

"I know," he murmured quietly. "I do too. But I'm sure you'll see her again soon."

I sighed and looked up to meet his eyes. "How did I manage to meet someone like you?"

"Pure luck," he answered. "Plus, there's not that many Jews in Derry."

I chuckled and nudged him. "You're the worst."

"I know."

I looked into his eyes, a smile plastered on both our faces. He placed his finger under my chin, bringing it up, and kissed me softly, his lips working well against mine. At that moment everything was almost okay again. Like we didn't just fight a horrible clown, or like we weren't losing one of our best friends.

He broke away and leaned his forehead against mine, smiling. "I love you."

Staring into his brown eyes, I felt my heart soar. "I love you too."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙊𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝘼𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩 || Stanley Uris x Reader 🎉