2.0: New Dynamics

A/N: Continuation of 1x1 Pilot

WARNINGS: THERE'S SWEARING

Claire's eyes widen, "You blackmailed Agent Booth?" Claire had called Brennan to see how the investigation was going and to tell her about their discovery of the elements in their victim's head as rolled steel, likely due to a sledged hammer and they also found cement.

"I just told him that if he went back on his word about allowing me full access in the field then I'd have a press conference released about the identity of the remains we possess."

Claire's lips twitched, "I see you've learned how to get your way."

"I've learned a few things from you this past year."

"Well have fun in the field, I'll call if we find anything else." Claire hung up and looked up to see Zach walking towards her, "Do you think I'm boring?"

Claire blinked at him, "It would depend on what you would deem as boring." Zach frowned, "Do I talk about things and do things that you deem unnecessary or redundant?"

"Sometimes, yes." Claire answered and Zach's shoulders drooped, "Oh."

"May I ask why you're asking me?"

"I knew you'd tell me the truth, I asked Angela and she told me that 'boring is such an expressive word, don't think about it' and that only made me think more."

"Zach, being boring is fine." Claire assured as she stood up, she walked out of her office with Zach following close behind. "But I don't want to be boring." 

"Okay, then don't be." 

"But how-"

"Why're you asking me?" Claire turned to face him, "No offense Zach, but we aren't close, I barely acknowledge you unless we're working, and I'm not one to really talk about anything outside of work. What's your motive for talking to me?"

Zach just stared at her and sighed, "I'm trying to figure out why Hodgins laughed when I said Amanda was into me."

"Amanda as in the intern for one of the other departments?"

"Yes, Hodgins laughed at me and said I was boring so I'm trying to see if that's true." Zach answered and Claire frowned, "That still doesn't explain why you're asking me."

"Dr. Kano, you're not boring so I assumed you'd know how to fix me."

"Zach, I'm very boring. Don't ever insult me like that again, I'm boring."

"It's not an insult, you're not boring. Other than Angela, you're probably the most normal person here." Zach stated and Claire stared at him before sighing, "Will you leave me alone if I tell you how to not be boring?"

"Yes."

"Then stop slouching and talking about work when you're with a woman you're interested in, not everyone wants to learn how you can repair your own tooth if it's fallen out by shoving it back into place or how you reconstructed human remains that date back to the early 1700's. Try to have small talk about normal things that she'd like, be less of a genius, and please try to keep the pen tapping to a minimal." Claire stated and turned to walk back to her office and sighed with relief when Zach didn't follow her.

I will never get used to people coming to talk to me normally.

___

Claire was with Brennan and Zach in the examination room. Brennan pointed to the remains. "There are stab marks here and odd markings on the distal phalanges, nothing I've seen before."