5.0: Opening Up

A/N: This story is based on episode 1x05 A Boy in a Bush and Claire does talk in her native tongue which I have chosen to be Japanese~

TRIGGER WARNING: TALKS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT ON A CHILD AND THIS EPISODE TALKS ABOUT THE MURDER OF A CHILD AS WELL AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE FOSTER SYSTEM SO BASICALLY THIS WHOLE EPISODE AND CHAPTER IS A TW

Claire was in her office, she sighed as she rubbed her face. Claire was currently on the phone with a coroner in West Virginia, "Dr. Wilson-"

"I just don't understand why you can't come out here?"

"As I have stated, I work for the Jeffersonian and while I'm not what is usually employed at the Jeffersonian I am needed here first. If you would like me to head out there, you need to make an official request with my employer Dr. Goodman."

"Look, Claire-"

"It's Dr. Kano, please remember that." Claire interrupted and she sighed, Dr. Wilson was understaffed but that wasn't her problem. Claire knew that Dr. Wilson was an amazing coroner, but she did take more than she could handle with the new cases which is why she reached out to Claire. Claire looked up at the door when she heard a knock, she looked at Zach. "Yes?"

"Dr. Brennan needs us out a crime scene."

Claire nodded, "Dr. Wilson, I'm sorry but I have important matters to attend to."

"Dr. Kano, I would really appreciate it if you reconsider my offer."

"I'm sorry Dr. Wilson but my answer is final, I don't have time in my schedule to come over and help you identify your serial killer. You're more than welcome to send the file, but I cannot fly out to see the bodies for myself." Claire hung up and Zach raised an eyebrow, "Everything okay?"

"Fine, explain in the car where we're headed."

___

Claire pulled up to the crime scene and tied up her hair once she exited her car, she walked over to Brennan and Zach followed closely behind. Brennan turned to look at them, "They said this call came in a couple hours ago, there's no sign of him."

Claire nodded and walked under the tape with her and Booth, there was a little boy who went missing and a call had come in anonymously saying there was a body found in the suburbs by the mall in an empty plot of land. The officer looked over at Brennan, "You mind if I ask you a question?"

"No of course not."

"Why do the cops in your book come off as one-dimensional?" 

"You mean two-dimensional." Claire corrected and Zach nodded, "One-dimensionality exists only in theory as a mathematical value." The officer frowned, "But-"

"Officer, we need to find this body." Claire interrupted and the officer cleared his throat, "Right, of course." He walked away and Booth whistled, "Very icy there Cee."

"Don't call me Cee, and we have a child's remains to find." Claire replied and Brennan nodded before looking at Zach, "Did you bring the thermal imager?"

"I don't think we'll need it." Zach answered and Brennan gave him a look, Zach sighed. "It makes me look like a Great Gazoo." Brennan shook her head, "I don't know what that means, but we definitely need it Zach."

Zach sighed with a nod before walking back to the car, when he walked back Booth chuckled. "How's it going in there Darth? Anything on Saturn?" Brennan looked at him confused and he sighed, "Please tell me you've seen at least on Star Wars movie."

"When I was seven, leave Zach alone." Brennan replied and Claire shrugged, "I don't like movies, never really saw any growing up." Booth frowned and was going to say something when Zach cleared his throat, "Can we please hurry up? It's stuffy in here."